Official Elder Scrolls Online Thread (new Skyrim MMO)

Daps
I'll have to pass. All them nikkas online at once is too much for me. I rather have a small group and friends (like Borderlands) Where we can play online, level up together and complete the story. This MMO stuff is over my head. Not to mention the $15 per month. Guess I'll be waiting for Fallout 4!

I'm not ruling it out though. I'll just the reviews and this board again in April to see what nigs think.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
$15 subs do work tho :yeshrug:

otherwise everquest wouldnt be coming out with their 3rd mmo :yeshrug:

and I forgot about final fantasy MMO :dead:

because hardly anyone cared about it :yeshrug:

this will easily be the 2nd biggest mmo ever though :yeshrug:

eq2 was forced to go f2p a while back.

wow and the final fantasy mmos are pretty much the only games that have survived on the monthly subs.. at least the big releases.

i hope eso turns out nice.. but i don't remember the last mmo that lived up to the hype train.

it's pretty much inevitable that eso will go f2p at some point and that transition will likely ruin the game.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'll have to pass. All them nikkas online at once is too much for me. I rather have a small group and friends (like Borderlands) Where we can play online, level up together and complete the story. This MMO stuff is over my head. Not to mention the $15 per month. Guess I'll be waiting for Fallout 4!

I'm not ruling it out though. I'll just the reviews and this board again in April to see what nigs think.

would this be your first MMO? how it works is Theres a lot of people on a server at once, but you are doing individual shyt with your friends like borderlands in whats called an instance and its only you and your friends in it

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
eq2 was forced to go f2p a while back.

wow and the final fantasy mmos are pretty much the only games that have survived on the monthly subs.. at least the big releases.

i hope eso turns out nice.. but i don't remember the last mmo that lived up to the hype train.

it's pretty much inevitable that eso will go f2p at some point and that transition will likely ruin the game.

they go F2P because of the reasons I stated earlier.. they cant release 80 servers soon as a game release

once you have a few empty servers ,its a wrap.. even if you have the same amount of popular ones..

id rather there be a WAIT TIME to enter 20 servers than have 40 servers and 20 empty (if that makes sense)

once people see the game is popular, more people will buy.. its weird, but people been fukked over so many times by new MMOs that you kind of have to do this.. people wanna wait for what everyone else thinks first :russ:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
they go F2P because of the reasons I stated earlier.. they cant release 80 servers soon as a game release

once you have a few empty servers ,its a wrap.. even if you have the same amount of popular ones..

id rather there be a WAIT TIME to enter 20 servers than have 40 servers and 20 empty (if that makes sense)

once people see the game is popular, more people will buy.. its weird, but people been fukked over so many times by new MMOs that you kind of have to do this.. people wanna wait for what everyone else thinks first :russ:

i think the biggest culprit is that there aren't many games that are worth $15 to play monthly. once the people who have bought the game figure that out, they leave. then you got empty servers and all that.

a couple kinda recent examples are tera and the secret world. these are b-status mmorpgs at best that had no business costing people $15 monthly to play. there was no way that they were gonna be able to keep the subs going. and both of them went f2p within a year or so.

i'm saying that it doesn't make sense for every mmo to compete at that $15 level. most of them will lose to wow and/or the dozens of f2p options.

maybe eso will be different. but chances are it's not.

all in all, i just want subs to be 5-10 bucks a month.. no pay 2 win item shop. this is my dream scenario.

but it seems like that once the $15 fails, it's automatically f2p with an item shop. i guess it makes more money for the developer.. so i can't blame them. but i won't keep playing after that. :yeshrug:

but enough derailing the thread with my nonsense..

i'm gonna be one of those suckers who gets this shyt at launch.. :bryan:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i think the biggest culprit is that there aren't many games that are worth $15 to play monthly. once the people who have bought the game figure that out, they leave. then you got empty servers and all that.

a couple kinda recent examples are tera and the secret world. these are b-status mmorpgs at best that had no business costing people $15 monthly to play. there was no way that they were gonna be able to keep the subs going. and both of them went f2p within a year or so.

i'm saying that it doesn't make sense for every mmo to compete at that $15 level. most of them will lose to wow and/or the dozens of f2p options.

maybe eso will be different. but chances are it's not.

all in all, i just want subs to be 5-10 bucks a month.. no pay 2 win item shop. this is my dream scenario.

but it seems like that once the $15 fails, it's automatically f2p with an item shop. i guess it makes more money for the developer.. so i can't blame them. but i won't keep playing after that. :yeshrug:

but enough derailing the thread with my nonsense..

i'm gonna be one of those suckers who gets this shyt at launch.. :bryan:

we all gotta get on the same server :salute:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said first well known RPG

some used to be $10 some $15 ( I think I was paying $10 a month for planetside 1 when it first came out)

not too many subscription based MMOs release now a days anyway only a few a year if that why lower the amount if a million + people willing to pay $15 a month :yeshrug:
Even then you'r wrong.
Final fantasy is pretty damn well known lol
On top of that I'm pretty sure Everquest
and Final Fantasy 11 hit consoles long before
Elder scrolls online was even a thought.
With that said it looks really interesting and I might just pick it up for ps4 if it reviews well.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Even then you'r wrong.
Final fantasy is pretty damn well known lol
On top of that I'm pretty sure Everquest
and Final Fantasy 11 hit consoles long before
Elder scrolls online was even a thought.
With that said it looks really interesting and I might just pick it up for ps4 if it reviews well.

Everquest peaked at 450k subscribers.... in the early 2000s :ufdup: while a lot for its time, that amount of players wouldnt be considered much now a days :ufdup:

2. I already said i was wrong and final fantasy was known before it became a MMO BUT it failed pretty hard as a MMO and never really got too popular

I stand by my statement, Elder Scrolls Online will be the first big popular MMO on consoles and PC. Skyrim is more popular than Final Fantasy today. Years ago Final Fantasy was more popular than Elder Scrolls, but that isnt the case now

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
I gave up on MMORPG after they made Trammell in Ultima Online. Pre_trammell days on UO where my fondest memories of MMORPG

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everquest peaked at 450k subscribers.... in the early 2000s :ufdup: while a lot for its time, that amount of players wouldnt be considered much now a days :ufdup:

2. I already said i was wrong and final fantasy was known before it became a MMO BUT it failed pretty hard as a MMO and never really got too popular

I stand by my statement, Elder Scrolls Online will be the first big popular MMO on consoles and PC. Skyrim is more popular than Final Fantasy today. Years ago Final Fantasy was more popular than Elder Scrolls, but that isnt the case now
Well you can stand by your statement you'd
just be wrong.
Final Fantasy is one of the biggest rpgs in the world.
So of course the statement that Eso will be the first big RPG turned MMO to hit consoles is clearly false. And I'd say the game was successful enough to warrant square making a second mmo which is available on PC and Ps3,
it'll even be coming to ps4 nexta year

As for everquest, you're right at the time it was huge, which supports the point I was making.
It was a huge mmo which found its way onto the ps2.
Which doesn't take away from ESO I'm
sure it'll still be great.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Well you can stand by your statement you'd
just be wrong.
Final Fantasy is one of the biggest rpgs in the world.
So of course the statement that Eso will be the first big RPG turned MMO to hit consoles is clearly false. And I'd say the game was successful enough to warrant square making a second mmo which is available on PC and Ps3,
it'll even be coming to ps4 nexta year

As for everquest, you're right at the time it was huge, which supports the point I was making.
It was a huge mmo which found its way onto the ps2.
Which doesn't take away from ESO I'm
sure it'll still be great.

:why: I dont think you are understanding what im saying :why:

ive ALREADY SAID multiple times I was wrong about ESO being the first big RPG turned into a MMO.. how many times I have to say it ?? :why:

Daps
would this be your first MMO? how it works is Theres a lot of people on a server at once, but you are doing individual shyt with your friends like borderlands in whats called an instance and its only you and your friends in it

The only online RPG I've ever played was Phantasy Star Online back on the dreamcast days. I loved that shyt. So if it's anything like that I'm cool. I just saw the trailer or like 50 nikkas battling and was like :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

So if it's anything like Borderlands, count me in. Guess I'll see you nikkas online :youngsabo: