Official Disney Aladdin Live Action Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
MOVIE CAME THROUGH... THE ONLY THING I DIDNT LIKE WAS HOW THEY CHANGED UP SOME OF THE STORY AND ADDED A COUPLE FEMINIST DRIVEN SONGS TO APPEASE THE MEETOO LESBIANS .. IT WAS CLEARLY FORCED AND UNNATURAL
SO JASMINE BECOMES THE SULTAN? WTF IS THIS?? I GUESS THAT MEANS ALADDIN IS NOW THE QUEEN?? THE AGENDA IS OFFICIALLY MAKIN ITS WAY INTO DISNEY CLASSICS

It fits the times. Nobody wants to be told to shut and look pretty and be locked up in a castle with no agency waiting to get passed around to the next dude with a dikk who knows nothing about their kingdom. If anything the original story was the agenda to keep women subservient.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I went to see it with no expectations. I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the OG version in like over 20 years so don't remember much of it to make the comparison.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
saw it yesterday....it was cool overall. Still prefer the OG cartoon one, but this was pretty good. Despite being 30 mins longer, didn't really feel like it...it had the pace of the OG I felt.

Live action Agrabah looked dope.
with all the songs being recreated, surprised they didn't do this one:

Will's genie wasn't bad...he put his own spin on it.

The musical numbers were okay....didn't like some of the alternative lyrics though

Kinda wished Iago was still Gilbert Gottfried...a regular parrot wasn't as fun.

Favorite scene was probably after the ali musical number where Aladdin was bumbling his intro to jasmine and the sultan.

had will like :dwillhuh::comeon: Jams? Get off the jams Aladdin

:russ:

I think DT put it best...it's like Hitch x Aladdin (Cartoon)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
All those people trying to Hate on Will before even seen one shot were so wrong. He did very well and made the Genie his own. I thought this was the best Disney Live Action remake, it really brought me back to the cartoon from back in the day. Even Aladdin and Jasmine had really good chemistry and the effects/CGI was just fine. I had to do a double take like "Yo Will is not about to sing Arabian Nights" and then he did, lol. Box office looking strong too. Will is like the King of "Holiday" blockbusters. He ruled 4th of July for years now he came over to Memorial Day and put up bigger numbers than "Solo" last year. I'm not a huge fan of musicals and yes some of the singing is very dramatic but that's how the cartoon was. Overall I'm not shocked it's going to be success. People on the internet sometimes assume something they read online is the "Public Consensus" when it's not. This movie was getting a lot of hate when it was one of Disney's most diverse films. "Aladdin" is getting average reviews from Critics but Audiences are enjoying the film. Will didn't try to be Robin Williams, he can't be. He was his charismatic self and it worked.

Iamnutz

midnight marauder
Daps
Reppin
#585 #ROC
I saw this yesterday the wife and kids giod flick.... I only have 2 issues.... The solo song for jasmine seemed forced and at least in my theater was waaaay louder than any other musical part... The other part was some of the cut away scenes mixed with the cgi fukked with my eyes and gave me a headache (or I'm getting :flabbynsick:) either way good flick I'll watch it again when it hits disney +

Edit : since a lot of the issue before the flick came out was Will Smiths genie... He killed it and I'm happy he did.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
It fits the times. Nobody wants to be told to shut and look pretty and be locked up in a castle with no agency waiting to get passed around to the next dude with a dikk who knows nothing about their kingdom. If anything the original story was the agenda to keep women subservient.

WOMEN ARE MEANT TO BE SUBSERVIENT THO

THATS THEIR NATURE

ALL THIS FITS IS THE MASCULATION OF FEMALES... FEMINIZING OF MEN IS NEXT. ALADDIN GUNA WANA BE A PRINCESS IN THE NEXT ONE... BELIEVE THAT.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new song they made for Jasmine was garbage but I forgive her cause she so fine :wow:

Fun movie overall... Will Smith proved all the doubters (including me) wrong

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
There movie was fun... The kid didn't want to see it she went to see a dog's purpose and was one of only 4 people in the theater

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMAO ROBIN WILLIAMS ENTIRE CAREER WAS PREDICATED ON BEIN AN ANIMATED GOOFBALL, WTF ARE U GOIN ON ABOUT

Robin Williams is one of those dudes that enters a room and starts being loud which gets everyone to look at him then he continues being loud and doing funny things to maintain people's attention.

Will smith is ones of those naturally humorous people that'll just being talking to people or telling a story, not even putting on a show and people are smiling and laughing.

Every time you see Robin Williams dude is going hard, putting forth tons of energy. Anytime you see Robin, dude was working himself into a frenzy, yelling, being loud, large gestures.
That's not a bad thing. Will is just one of those dudes that'll just be chill, relaxed and the entire room will be positive. Will can get loud too. But he can just deliver his lines in his slick humorous way and make a funny face or use a funny voice.

People naturally gravitate toward Wills warmth, whereas Robin Williams demands your attention. Both are very good.

If we gotta keep it 100 like I said before the role of genie wasn't really genie it was Robin Williams in the booth doing Robin Williams and the animators drew along to that. But the movie was Aladdin, not The Genie. Not Aladdin and Genie, Not Aladdin featuring The Genie. Will Smith didn't try to be or do Robin Williams. He played The Genie and it worked.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Robin Williams is one of those dudes that enters a room and starts being loud which gets everyone to look at him then he continues being loud and doing funny things to maintain people's attention.

Will smith is ones of those naturally humorous people that'll just being talking to people or telling a story, not even putting on a show and people are smiling and laughing.

Every time you see Robin Williams dude is going hard, putting forth tons of energy. Anytime you see Robin, dude was working himself into a frenzy, yelling, being loud, large gestures.
That's not a bad thing. Will is just one of those dudes that'll just be chill, relaxed and the entire room will be positive. Will can get loud too. But he can just deliver his lines in his slick humorous way and make a funny face or use a funny voice.

People naturally gravitate toward Wills warmth, whereas Robin Williams demands your attention. Both are very good.

If we gotta keep it 100 like I said before the role of genie wasn't really genie it was Robin Williams in the booth doing Robin Williams and the animators drew along to that. But the movie was Aladdin, not The Genie. Not Aladdin and Genie, Not Aladdin featuring The Genie. Will Smith didn't try to be or do Robin Williams. He played The Genie and it worked.

I DUNO BRO I SAW A LOT OF ROBIN TRACES IN WILL’S PORTRAYAL OF GENIE

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished watched the movie a few hours ago. The movie was dope. I seen the og in theaters when it first dropped and is my second fav Disney animated movie behind Lion Kang. Will absolutely SMASHED the genie role, fukk all the Robin Williams nostalgia bs Will owned this shyt. Didn't care much for the feminist agenda at times but it wasn't enough to ruin the movie. I also like the spin they put on the end. Dope film dope visuals overall a good adaption from a animation. Two thumbs up for me.