Official Disney Aladdin Live Action Thread

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Will was so great as the genie....man I should’ve given him a chance. I really enjoyed the movie. The speechless song was a bit weak but outside of that the cast really brought it. Homie who played Aladdin killed his role. Jafar was solid but Will as the genie really surprised me. Wish I caught it in theaters.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this is just aight to me. this story doesn't translate to live action IMO. and the acting skills of most the cast, this felt like a recording of a stage play. i'm mixed on will too...i guess objectively, he created his own genie, but i've seen will be more charismatic and funnier than he was in this role, so his performance was ehh to me. and then of course there's no comparison to robin's genie (doesn't help they had the cartoon too which was years on continuation of the genie robin created)

i also hit the FF on all the new songs, no one asked for new music

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
All the scenes with big Will were cool, he did his thing on this and the directing during his dance routines was great.

What wasn't great was the casting of Aladdin and Jasmine. :scust: their acting was fukking HORRIBLE... B-level movie shyt. :camby:

They had to find attractive Arabs/Persians who spoke good english, were in the 20's early 30's and had a bit of a star profile.

That is easier said than done, mostly because of the last factor

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I liked it except the Feminism part:unimpressed:

The story was a classic as is, but they just had to put that in there.

Will smith was born for this role :wow:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Yoooo!! I didn’t know this movie was this bad!! I just saw the ending of this and they gave Genie a WHOLE ASS love interest and a family at the end???
:russ:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Years later this is still great.

Interesting to read about the business of this movie. Very insightful.

Too bad we still may not get a sequel