Official Disney Aladdin Live Action Thread

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
The new songs were clearly "girl power" songs. I don't care about the content of the song but they were trash. The original songs moved the story forward. The new songs were to "make a statement" and it was jarring. Thought I was watching a fukking evanescence video at the end. Other than that this was fire. Will was way better than I expected, Jafar as well. Jasmine one of the finest girls I've seen. Great special effects for the genie
But Disney MO has always been girl power lol. Their bread and butter is princesses and marketing to girls.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I mean I understand why they did it, but the songs were still trash
I lowkey fukks with it.

Speechless..Speechlesssssssssss
1511670788325.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The woman can be sultan too.:russ:

I don't mind equal treatment of women and all that but Disney stays handling the feminist agenda with all the subtlety of hitting wife beaters in the head with bricks covered in period blood.

Anyhow, this was solid entertainment. I thought Will's genie had its cringe worthy moments (more so because of shytty writing and lame jokes, like that repetitive jam joke that wasn't funny even one second) but he did a great job.

Like most of the Disney live-action movies they just don't have the balls to really do something new with this, which remains ironic because that's how they started this whole live-action wave with Maleficent. So even though it's enjoyable, it still really has little reason to exist.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
LMAO @ these Coli incels whining about a woman not wanting to be betrothed to a man she doesn't love as "feminist" and "girl power". Did y'all, like...not see the original movie? You know, the one where the princess literally RAN AWAY from the palace? The one where her orders could be overruled by Jafar? Gee, it's almost like Jasmine was unhappy about being forced to marry against her will! bytches be trippin, right?

And why shouldn't Jasmine be Sultan? Oh, that's right - she's a woman! Women can't be sultans! Next thing you know, they'll be wanting to read n'shyt. In the words of the OG Sultan...

If anything, I hate songs/moments like Speechless b/c they're such obvious Frozen/Let It Go moments. The way Jasmine rallied Hakim to her side against Jafar was terrific, and didn't need such a godawful piece of Oscar bait to come before it. In fact, the writing for this movie was great. Even though this movie has no need to exist, it's a good one (not a great one - Jafar was so DULL). And the fact that Will KILLED it as the Genie warms the cold cockles of my cac-hating heart. He did a FANTASTIC job without stepping on Robin Williams's toes even a little bit. (I just wish he was a better singer.)

The only thing that killed me:

Jasmine can rally troops to her cause and become a sultan, but she can't rub a fukking lamp after she grabs it!?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Between this, the early reviews for Gemini Man, and the positive reaction to the Bad Boys 3 trailer Will Smith is 50 years ild and experiencing a renaissance and i’m ALL they way here for it:banderas: