Official Disney Aladdin Live Action Thread

YAYU

MARIJUAY0
Daps
Reppin
NJ
movie was great! aladdin actor looks like the cartoon. naomi scott as jasmine was cool i remembered her from power rangers, there were 2 original tracks n hers is great! will as the genie was my favorite and he made it his own style which was cool cuz no1 will ever top robin williams genie= 9.5/10

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Final Numbers for Memorial Day Weekend:

Aladdin (2019)
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $116,805,962 45.7%
+ Foreign: $139,041,745 54.3%
= Worldwide: $255,847,707

That's a Top 5 All Time Memorial Day Opening (2nd time Will Topped Memorial Day Weekend - MIB3 12'). This is also Will Smith 18th #1 Movie at the Box Office and his 15th 100 Million Blockbuster at the Domestic Box Office and 16th 200 Million + Global Blockbuster. Again Memorial day is spread out over 4 days so people don't watch movies like a 3-day weekend but these numbers are way past projections. Because of all the Hate, Some Box Office Analyst had it as low as 75-80 Million for the 4-day. The number kept jumping up as Word of mouth started spreading. By the end of the Memorial day the movie finished well past projections and people were bringing their whole family to the theater to see it. I was a kid when the original came out, now my Generation brought our kids so that's why the audience was so big. Now they are saying it's Tuesday Number is over 12 Million so it's already holding pretty good.

"Godzilla" will make dough but isn't targeting the same audience as "Aladdin" attracts families and had a strong female audience as well. It could take some teens away but it should to do good this weekend too. People like to talk about Will's decision making over the years. Well he turned down "Dumbo" to do this. People were assuming there would be no way Will could bring anything to the character after Robin's performance. They were wrong. If Will's Genie wasn't good, the movie just doesn't work as well. Will helped the other two shine by having a good performance. So the level of difficulty of bringing the Genie back with Robin gone and doing all non-white leads I'd say this was much harder to pull off then "Beauty and the Beast". "Jungle Book" and "Lion King" are mostly CGI animals.

Ec_GQd.gif

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
great movie. loved it. this is the best live action remake so far. will smith absolutely killed it and i was eh on aladdin in the beginning but he killed it by the end as well.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just saw it. It was good. I liked it. Not a great movie but they did a good job. Will did a real good job even tho it felt like they tried to hard. Of course it's difficult to match Robin Williams persona but he was good enough. Acting was real good. Give it 4 stars. Would've been 3.75 but the girl who played Jasmine got them the other .25. :shaq:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Also, let’s not ignore the fact that Disney’s Aladdin was in the marketplace also making a play at families like King of the Monsters. Prince Ali eased 53% for a $42.3Msecond weekend pulling in close to a third share of combined parents and kids under 12. Even though Godzilla 2 has a sizeable share of boys under 12 at 63%, so does Aladdin at 43%. Again this speaks to the power of a Disney event film, and the risks of any rival going in its wake. True, it was hard to see how big Aladdin was going to be from a distance, especially with the pic leaning more female, but he’s still pulling in everyone with 29% females over 25, 27% females under 25, 22% males under 25 and 21% males over 25.

‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ Looks To Crush Weekend Box Office With $50M+ Opening – Deadline

Aladdin nearly beat Godzilla in its second week. Still perplexing that some in here thought Det. Pikachu and Godzilla would do better numbers.

Anhur

All Star
Daps
Brehs this movie blew me away. Besides the Genie, Aladdin was the best actor. :wow:
Will blew the genie role out of the water. His songs and comedic performance were incredible. His performance as the genie is equal to or greater than RW. :wow:
Everyone in this movie killed it even Jafar. I also think the songs in this movie are actually better than the original too.:wow:
This is by far the best live action remake. :wow:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This movie was really good. My only complaint was the new songs they put in were absolute trash

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Great movie. Will did indeed kill it. This why you can’t take social media serious in certain instances. All the dumbass uproar when the trailer came out and when they revealed Will’s look. Let the damn movie play out before declaring something a bust.

I don’t see what some of y’all are talking with this feminist stuff. It wasn’t apparent at all IMO. Certainly not as much as the Avengers Endgame feminist scene they shoe horned in (which I too didn’t mind that).

I think Disney might consider a sequel. Especially with
Jafar explicitly saying “I won’t forget this. I’ll get you back.
The new songs were clearly "girl power" songs. I don't care about the content of the song but they were trash. The original songs moved the story forward. The new songs were to "make a statement" and it was jarring. Thought I was watching a fukking evanescence video at the end. Other than that this was fire. Will was way better than I expected, Jafar as well. Jasmine one of the finest girls I've seen. Great special effects for the genie

Last edited: