Official Disney Aladdin Live Action Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I DUNO BRO I SAW A LOT OF ROBIN TRACES IN WILL’S PORTRAYAL OF GENIE

Do you remember what scenes? I was looking but they jazzed up the entire with the hip hop dancing and beat boxing and shyt. I kind of lost track of trying to identify where they were just copying the original because for the most part they told the story but they changed the script and did it their own way. This wasn't the cookie cutter remake imo. They stayed true to the story but they didn't get lazy and just copy the original script, they even had new songs.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Hated the forced feminist shyt.

Aladdin casting was perfect. Jasmine was fine. Will Smith was ok. Didn't like the alterations to lyrics or the original songs.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
'Aladdin' Made $113 Million at the Box Office This Weekend
$113 mil 4 day weekend.

Knew it would make buck. Disney brand + Will star power (they smartly had Will EVERYWHERE the past two weeks) made it obvious it wouldn't flop.

I'm about to see it in a few hours. $5 Tuesdays :blessed:

Disney has the flip down.

Just make a movie with A-list actors and cheap CGI, build like 4 sets, and make a whole movie around that for 30-40 million. Then the film makes 300 million off star power and nostaligia.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
$90M opening is okay but for a movie this size... :ld: Godzilla did more. lol
By 3 mil. And for Memorial Day you have to track 4 days instead of 3 because lots of people wait till Monday to see the big release since they're off.

The one coming out this weekend won't even sniff 90 mil.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Good film. Of course it had no chance being on the OG level but still good stuff.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
By 3 mil. And for Memorial Day you have to track 4 days instead of 3 because lots of people wait till Monday to see the big release since they're off.

The one coming out this weekend won't even sniff 90 mil.

You don't necessarily have to track 4 days. Monday is inflated but then Tuesday will be muted as Tuesday is usually high due to $5 promotions at most of the big theater chains.

Point is even if we take the $115M number at face value... Beauty and the Beast for example opened to $174M. Aladdin could have been in that ballpark if it was a solid movie but they dropped the ball like I feared they would.

morris

Superstar
Daps
That was a fun flick. Much better than I expected. Will Smith had a lot of pause moments but other than that it was cool

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Great movie. Will did indeed kill it. This why you can’t take social media serious in certain instances. All the dumbass uproar when the trailer came out and when they revealed Will’s look. Let the damn movie play out before declaring something a bust.

I don’t see what some of y’all are talking with this feminist stuff. It wasn’t apparent at all IMO. Certainly not as much as the Avengers Endgame feminist scene they shoe horned in (which I too didn’t mind that).

I think Disney might consider a sequel. Especially with
Jafar explicitly saying “I won’t forget this. I’ll get you back.

Last edited:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
I fukked with this movie. Great use of colors and the little dance sequence in the middle of the movie was a nice little Bollywood touch. Will def did his thing and this is imo the best life action Disney movie so far.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
You don't necessarily have to track 4 days. Monday is inflated but then Tuesday will be muted as Tuesday is usually high due to $5 promotions at most of the big theater chains.

Point is even if we take the $115M number at face value... Beauty and the Beast for example opened to $174M. Aladdin could have been in that ballpark if it was a solid movie but they dropped the ball like I feared they would.
Define how they dropped the ball.

Beauty and the Beast has always been a bigger franchise than Aladdin.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
- Will knocked this out of the park :wow:
- Jasmine and Aladdin were cast well, good chemistry.
- The sets were off the charts. GOT level shyt.

---------------------------------------------------

- Some of the CGI was so bad it was distracting. Genie's face during the blue scenes is a good example. PS3 graphics shyt.
- Jafar was a miscast. Came off more :wrist: instead of menacing. :russ:
- The new Jasmine songs were forced garbage. :stopitslime:

- The slowed down/sped up Guy Ritchie action scenes just didn't work for me.
- The strong Persian accent on the Sultan was cracking me up the entire movie :mjlol:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
uh, no. The animated joints made the same domestic and Aladdin made more worldwide. BATB has not been bigger. It is now.. because Disney fukked this up
It’s literally apples and oranges if we really gonna go back on what franchise is bigger between the two. If box office is your whole argument, then yes, Aladdin beat B&TB. But if we arguing which franchise sells more merchandise, is revered more, etc than we can go back and forth all day.