WAS FUNNY AND
WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A POP
IN THE THEATER.

I CONTINUE TO SAY
THIS MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN EPIC
IN THEATERS.
:devil:
:evil:
I don’t like the gotcha fan service shyt, it ages horribly and is annoying to :unimpressed: brehs such as myself who don’t subscribe to the blativity manufactured culture.

The gags in Coming to America were organic and based on culture - that’s what made them timeless. Creative expression vs product placement.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don’t like the gotcha fan service shyt, it ages horribly and is annoying to :unimpressed: brehs such as myself who don’t subscribe to the blativity manufactured culture.

The gags in Coming to America were organic and based on culture - that’s what made them timeless. Creative expression vs product placement.
THIS FILM WAS BLACK EXCELLENCE
AND A CELEBRATION OF THE 1ST FILM.

BASICALLY GIVING THEM
THEIR ROSES BEFORE THEY GO.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Wow I just realized the damn movie doesn’t even have a real resolution...

Wasn’t the king supposed to die? The whole damn movie was him knowing that he was gonna be assassinated. The entire resolution is missing from the film - yet they could dedicate 5 minutes to fruity ass John Legend singing in front of a zoom camera :francis:

That old oracle character just disappeared after a certain point, he should have at least been at the ending saying that he wasn’t gonna die.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Best tweet from that was “ Don’t black guilt me into liking something that isn’t good”.
Yep, and that ALSO applies to supporting Black businesses. If the customer service is TRASH and substandard, I'm not about to support or promote that place SIMPLY because it's Black owned. You don't get a pass on practicing sound business principles just cause you share the same melanin.:camby:

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best tweet from that was “ Don’t black guilt me into liking something that isn’t good”. I totally understand the need to support our films, but kinda hard to do that with mediocre media. Tired of all of the tales from the hood, drug dealing, gay love, been-to-jail-now-I’m-out-trying-to-make-it, bullshyt storylines as well. Most original black lead film I saw in the last year was Black Box. If there are others outside the typical, put me on...

I said it earlier in this thread. You can not like something and keep it moving. All these people saying it sucks and trying to force others into saying it sucks is just gonna fukk up black business. Black people got paid and we need to celebrate that. A movie that was 99% black should be shown love even if it is just decent.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
I said it earlier in this thread. You can not like something and keep it moving. All these people saying it sucks and trying to force others into saying it sucks is just gonna fukk up black business. Black people got paid and we need to celebrate that. A movie that was 99% black should be shown love even if it is just decent.
Bruh, I’m happy these folks got paid, but how is supporting half-assed efforts gonna make better movies come out of black minds? Always seems like we only hold black efforts to “good enough”.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Daam.

Y'all going in on the movie.

I bet if people never asked for it.

It wouldn't been a 2nd thought.

Amazon gavem a bag, all black cast, introduced new faces and we got a good laugh.

I think people came in with preconceived notions 30 years after the fact.

What you thought it was going to be?

Daps
THIS FILM WAS BLACK EXCELLENCE
AND A CELEBRATION OF THE 1ST FILM.

BASICALLY GIVING THEM
THEIR ROSES BEFORE THEY GO.

This movie reminds me of a 30th anniversary edition of like Ready To Die or Purple Rain with 2 bonus songs & remastered that didn’t make the album

It was an opportunity for one of the biggest Hollywood icons ever to gather his old troops back before Father Time intervened. It was an opportunity for people who have been doing their thing since the movie to take part in something they may have been inspired by

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finally saw it. The oldest daughter was fineeeee :noah:

The movie itself was far from classic but it was fun, a lot of good callbacks and cameos. They needed to hire a better actor to be Akeem's son, he was being carried, a lot of little small plot issues that don't make sense, but overall just a fun flick. I'll probably cop a physical eventually.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Wow I just realized the damn movie doesn’t even have a real resolution...

Wasn’t the king supposed to die? The whole damn movie was him knowing that he was gonna be assassinated. The entire resolution is missing from the film - yet they could dedicate 5 minutes to fruity ass John Legend singing in front of a zoom camera :francis:

That old oracle character just disappeared after a certain point, he should have at least been at the ending saying that he wasn’t gonna die.

Yeah this is part of the little plot issues I was talking about. There should have been more fallout from the marriage situation and better clarity provided to the resolution of having the daughter be the queen. She also didn't have enough camera time. The movie is probably 30-40 minutes shorter than it should've been.

They also missed an opportunity for Wesley to go into full villain mode. Dude could've tapped into his Nino Brown bag at the end (but not as violent :whoa:) if they let him. Instead we got a little corny fight scene and then he took that shyt on the chin and was dancing at the end. :dead:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
A reply that's a prime example of trying to black guilt people into liking something that isn't good :dead:

Don't ask me how :wow: