Official Coming 2 America Thread

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Fiiinally got around to this as the first is one of my all time favorite movies and seeing the mediocre reviews put me off. Additionally I can’t stand Leslie Jones and Tracy Morgan, and given the size of their roles I knew it would be an issue .

Unfortunately my fears were realized. Was nice to see some of the old characters but that’s about it. The son was bland to me and had nowhere near the charisma of Eddie. To be fair few do, but just found him uninteresting. I chuckled maybe twice and that was it. Given the first is one of the best comedies ever that’s unacceptable. Just pales compared to the original in every way.

I had hoped waiting 30 years meant that they wouldn’t do it until they got the perfect script/creative team but sadly that wasn’t the case. Liked the daughters, costumes, Snipes but a disappointment overall and while I’ll watch the first at least once every couple of years no desire to revisit this.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Fiiinally got around to this as the first is one of my all time favorite movies and seeing the mediocre reviews put me off. Additionally I can’t stand Leslie Jones and Tracy Morgan, and given the size of their roles I knew it would be an issue .

Unfortunately my fears were realized. Was nice to see some of the old characters but that’s about it. The son was bland to me and had nowhere near the charisma of Eddie. To be fair few do, but just found him uninteresting. I chuckled maybe twice and that was it. Given the first is one of the best comedies ever that’s unacceptable. Just pales compared to the original in every way.

I had hoped waiting 30 years meant that they wouldn’t do it until they got the perfect script/creative team but sadly that wasn’t the case. Liked the daughters, costumes, Snipes but a disappointment overall and while I’ll watch the first at least once every couple of years no desire to revisit this.

I remember Coogler was trying to place MBJ as the son, but Eddie said No

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I remember Coogler was trying to place MBJ as the son, but Eddie said No
Yeah i mean I didn’t care for the actor but the script/direction was the biggest issue so even if they got Jordan he only elevates it a bit. Still have all the other poor elements. The whole plot with the date rape b*stard son was off in the first place.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Eddie’s accent just felt off in this movie too. Felt like he was doing a parody and forgot how to do the accent from the original. Movie was just a bad idea all around. Horrible script, horrible new characters.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Don’t do it :damn:!!! That’s time on this earth you won’t get back!

I had this feeling too, which is why i avoided it for so long :pachaha:

Film had so much hype and rightfully so since it’s a sequel to one of the greatest movies of all time but since it came out and now a few years later, I don’t hear a single soul ever talk about the movie :francis:

So I’m prepared to be let down :mjcry:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I had this feeling too, which is why i avoided it for so long :pachaha:

Film had so much hype and rightfully so since it’s a sequel to one of the greatest movies of all time but since it came out and now a few years later, I don’t hear a single soul ever talk about the movie :francis:

So I’m prepared to be let down :mjcry:
I watched the first 20-30 minutes. So bad I couldn't continue and I'm no entertainment snob. It was just unfunny and unoriginal.