Official Coming 2 America Thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It was pretty good and had its moments. Would've been nice to have seen some kind of city or the capital of Zamunda this time around. They needed to be in America a bit more imo. Decent fan service flick

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
This movie had zero comedic tidbits like the original...a good example, the Black awareness pageant with Randy Watson doing the “sexual chocolate!” stomp, Randy kissing the preacher and him being stunned and wiping his cheek, Randy’s mic drop and exit, the preacher’s “IIIII” shuffle during the little sermon, “you all know him as Joe the policeman from the what’s going down episode of That’s My Mama”... the original was full of this.... not even one scene repeatable in the sequel...

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
This movie had zero comedic tidbits like the original...a good example, the Black awareness pageant with Randy Watson doing the “sexual chocolate!” stomp, Randy kissing the preacher and him being stunned and wiping his cheek, Randy’s mic drop and exit, the preacher’s “IIIII” shuffle during the little sermon, “you all know him as Joe the policeman from the what’s going down episode of That’s My Mama”... the original was full of this.... not even one scene repeatable in the sequel...
Sounds like a tragic case of overly high expectations, too many people in the writers room+Amazon being heavily invested, and a lack of a real want to create the film.

Eddie had zero interest in making a sequel for decades, he only came out for the paycheck.

The original was pure originality and creativity - at at a perfect time where the crew had some creative control to make their own narrative. It can’t be replicated if it’s soulless - like this one does.

This movie definitely didn’t need to happen, but at least the original is timeless.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like a tragic case of overly high expectations, too many people in the writers room+Amazon being heavily invested, and a lack of a real want to create the film.

Eddie had zero interest in making a sequel for decades, he only came out for the paycheck.

The original was pure originality and creativity - at at a perfect time where the crew had some creative control to make their own narrative. It can’t be replicated if it’s soulless - like this one does.

This movie definitely didn’t need to happen, but at least the original is timeless.
Amazon didn't get involved until the movie was complete. After COVID shut shyt down, they stepped in around Nov/Dec and bought the rights to distribute.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Watched it again movie decent , it’s clearly more of a family flick

wesley snipes,the daughters & the funeral scene was dope. General izzi character was Hands down the best

After seeing the trailers my expectations weren’t high

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Nah that has everything to do with the director. There was real rhythm to this film like the old one. As I've said before things were absurd in Coming to America, but they took it seriously and thats what made it funny. There was no real try hard stuff in it. A lot of jokes here were forced or lacked precision from the director. Still enjoyable tho.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
You also had the club scene, the St John's game scenes, the scenes at Mcdowells restaurant and his house. Just classic scene after scene. Also felt real, like they were really in Queens and not on some set the whole time. It was an actual film. This wasn't.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Movie was extra lightweight. Eddie wasn't all that funny and the jokes were very predictable. Like the Motumbo cameo. I was like don't tell me they actually got him and then when he stood up I was like oh shyt :pachaha: but then they had him do the nonono finger wag like we don't know who this is :francis:

None of this of this got the sharpness of the original.