Official Coming 2 America Thread

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A reply that's a prime example of trying to black guilt people into liking something that isn't good :dead:

Don't ask me how :wow:

I just laugh at people saying it's not good.. Compared to what? If you compare to other movies released this year it's the best movie so far. If you compare it to 1985 then you're stupid. You can't even make jokes today because people will be offended.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daam.

Y'all going in on the movie.

I bet if people never asked for it.

It wouldn't been a 2nd thought.

Amazon gavem a bag, all black cast, introduced new faces and we got a good laugh.

I think people came in with preconceived notions 30 years after the fact.

What you thought it was going to be?

Amazon bought the distribution rights wayyyyyy after the movie was even produced, they sold it to Amazon due to COVID.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the writing killed this. Didnt Kenya Barris co-write this? That’s a problem right there. The original writers of CTA wrote this as well but those cacs are like 75-80yrs old. The casting errors (big lez, the son, kinda sorta Tracy) and the lack of attempt by the comedians to improvise makes this terrible...

Kenya Barris wrote the script. The CACs from the original script also wrote Boomerang.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I just laugh at people saying it's not good.. Compared to what? If you compare to other movies released this year it's the best movie so far. If you compare it to 1985 then you're stupid. You can't even make jokes today because people will be offended.

I agree, not to mention the original was rated "R" and this was PG-13 . I think they did a good with that in mind because when I ask the people who are super critical of to name some good recent PG-13 comedies, they can't :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I knew this shyt jumped the shark at James Earl Jones “funeral”
I think that was likely just a concession they had to make due to his advanced age. You noticed he never stood on his power in either one of his scenes in the movie. Dude is 90 years old. can't but on set all day standing up through 30 takes.
But if he wasn't in the movie people would've said it was a missed opportunity and complained about that.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
:trash:

Movie was horrible

This shyt was like a straight to DVD flick when you walked into BlockBuster back in the day.