Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I didn't know this thread existed. I started some watermelon, cantaloupes, sunflowers and tomatoes this year. All started from seeds. I built one of those Ikea greenhouse cabinets to get the seed germinated, and now I'm trying to figure out how and where to plant the seedings. I don't have yardspace for a garden at my residence so Im thinking about using a 50 gallon storage container for the melons and grow bags for everything else.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
X1cK69c.jpeg

i1OVivK.jpeg

IN MY BASEMENT NOW.

EDIT: THE LETTUCE PIC IS OLD.
What kind of lights did you use for the basement garden?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Barrina T5 Grow Lights, Full Spectrum, 4ft 160W (8 x 20W, 1000W Equivalent), LED Grow Light Bulbs, Plant Lights for Indoor Plants, Greenhouse, Plug and Play, 8-Pack

Ok good deal. I have 4 of the 2ft ones. I didn’t know if they were strong enough for produce

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
I'm blessed to be running a .25 acre urban farm. We've got a lot of things in the ground and this year is going to turn out much better and different than the previous years where I've just volunteered. Every cantaloupe flower has turned into a cantaloupe. I am so excited!!!

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Fantastic thread! I volunteer for an organization that does community food gardens. It's so educational and does so much for the environment and community. I hope the movement catches on.

I think if you live in an apartment, you should consider joining a local food bank organization that does community gardening. Even if you don't ever plan to buy a home where you can have you own garden, you can pick up a lot of information on how to grow things and you can contribute to healthy food sources for our community. A lot of places also offer volunteers their own plot of land within the community garden.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I'm blessed to be running a .25 acre urban farm. We've got a lot of things in the ground and this year is going to turn out much better and different than the previous years where I've just volunteered. Every cantaloupe flower has turned into a cantaloupe. I am so excited!!!
I'M SO JEALOUS.

Daps
My rose bushes look TERRIBLE. I’ve been slacking on my watering. And my trimmer broke, so I have to buy a new one.

:mjcry:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I brought the rose bushes back

:lolbron:

But these cucumbers are on some Jack And The Beanstalk ish.

Vines taking over, choking the other plants. I need a bigger trellis next year.

:picard:
I have these going

/boothbys-blonde-cucumbers

They are delicious and I harvest almost everyday :blessed:

My husband loves pickles so I plan to jar most of it.

I have sugar baby watermelon…had one that was big but got desperate and harvest it while ignoring all the signs to look for that YouTube told me…needless to say, my lil watermelon was not ripe…not even the birds wanted to eat it :mjcry:

Luckily I have more coming in but they are still small.

Green been a plant is small but is producing a decent amount. Tomato plant has some tomatoes…not producing a lot but I can’t harvest b/c they are not ripe.

Okra started off great even though the plants are still small but have slowed down.

Zucchini have about 5 plants they got big with lots of flowers but no veg. I don’t know what to do at this point :mjcry:

Had to transfer my pepper plants, they were not growing.

Carrots but only see two carrot leaves pop out

Planted lettuce but they didn’t come come

Broccoli plants are doing good l, don’t know when to harvest the broccoli.

All of these are in the same big above ground container so I think I over planted and is crowded.

Any pointers are appreciated specially regarding the zucchini plants.

Daps
I have these going

/boothbys-blonde-cucumbers

They are delicious and I harvest almost everyday :blessed:

My husband loves pickles so I plan to jar most of it.

I have sugar baby watermelon…had one that was big but got desperate and harvest it while ignoring all the signs to look for that YouTube told me…needless to say, my lil watermelon was not ripe…not even the birds wanted to eat it :mjcry:

Luckily I have more coming in but they are still small.

Green been a plant is small but is producing a decent amount. Tomato plant has some tomatoes…not producing a lot but I can’t harvest b/c they are not ripe.

Okra started off great even though the plants are still small but have slowed down.

Zucchini have about 5 plants they got big with lots of flowers but no veg. I don’t know what to do at this point :mjcry:

Had to transfer my pepper plants, they were not growing.

Carrots but only see two carrot leaves pop out

Planted lettuce but they didn’t come come

Broccoli plants are doing good l, don’t know when to harvest the broccoli.

All of these are in the same big above ground container so I think I over planted and is crowded.

Any pointers are appreciated specially regarding the zucchini plants.
I started some watermelons last year, transferred them to large pots, and only two made it.

:francis:

But those were the most delicious watermelons I ever tasted.

:wow:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I brought the rose bushes back

:lolbron:

But these cucumbers are on some Jack And The Beanstalk ish.

Vines taking over, choking the other plants. I need a bigger trellis next year.

:picard:

I hope my string trellis for my cucumbers and cantaloupes will be strong/tall enough. I have tomatoes in grow bags, I need to get some cages for them before they get crazy. Trying to grow kale and collards indoors this year, just need to find the right grow lights.
R005zwE.jpg

Last edited: