Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
my b i didnt mean to be patronizing.
:pachaha: No, that was me being annoyed, resigned, but thankful for all my little pollinators and predators.

I'll definitely look into the flowers you mentioned. Im sort of at a loss (but yet, my shopping cart is full :beli: ) as to what to grow here. There's a community garden on the block, but i haven't really set up a steady mode of communication with the woman who runs it.

Deer resistant stuff doesnt work for you?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
my florida peach tree (doesn't require cold weather to set the fruit) is producing fruit. ate the first few last week and they were delicious. got some more this week. cut down some bananas and will eat when ripe. japanese plums (loquats) are going crazy, i got enough (made jam, freezed a bunch for future smoothie bowls) and whatever the kids in the neighborhood don't want the birds and squirrels will eat. avocado and mango flowers are blossoming right now and the bees are pollinating. papaya trees are fruiting. my prickly pear cactus is producing some prickly pears. hopefully i get some dragonfruit. the pollinating has been a bytch in the past, i have a self-pollinating one that i hope will produce. pineapples are already showing up because we didn't have a cold snap this winter.

collards (and callaloo the jamaican version) and various lettuces were producing all winter. beets, ginger and turmeric. i have some cherry tomatoes producing right now.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Last spring we had a baby and really didn't get into anything at all. I helped direct a bunch of plantings last year and that was sick to see the kids take squat pics with their green bean phones.

This year I'll be going in on making more foraged syrups vinegars and beers. The only gardening I'll be doing is trending to some blackberry bushes and cultivating these Japanese maples. Two I rescued and one from our yard that grew from a seed which is apparently very rare.

my florida peach tree (doesn't require cold weather to set the fruit) is producing fruit. ate the first few last week and they were delicious. got some more this week. cut down some bananas and will eat when ripe. japanese plums (loquats) are going crazy, i got enough (made jam, freezed a bunch for future smoothie bowls) and whatever the kids in the neighborhood don't want the birds and squirrels will eat. avocado and mango flowers are blossoming right now and the bees are pollinating. papaya trees are fruiting. my prickly pear cactus is producing some prickly pears. hopefully i get some dragonfruit. the pollinating has been a bytch in the past, i have a self-pollinating one that i hope will produce. pineapples are already showing up because we didn't have a cold snap this winter.

collards (and callaloo the jamaican version) and various lettuces were producing all winter. beets, ginger and turmeric. i have some cherry tomatoes producing right now.

Where are you?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Last spring we had a baby and really didn't get into anything at all. I helped direct a bunch of plantings last year and that was sick to see the kids take squat pics with their green bean phones.

This year I'll be going in on making more foraged syrups vinegars and beers. The only gardening I'll be doing is trending to some blackberry bushes and cultivating these Japanese maples. Two I rescued and one from our yard that grew from a seed which is apparently very rare.

Where are you?
orlando

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I threw some apple seeds in a pot, one actually came up. I'd like to see it to a tree, but Google is saying chances that it will bear apples are slim.

My mom has several small lemon trees that got from a lemon.