Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Garden aint picture worthy yet but pics of my setup already here. Couple of news things am doing this year

-my 275 gallon rain water catchment system is setup so watering as much as i can with that
-growing radishes for the 1st time (they have already been in the ground since early April) and are huge
- doing peppers in beds vs grow bags for the 1st year
- doing in ground planting in a 200 sq ft area in the back of my garage
- growing cucumbers again for the 1st time in years

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
This might be my favorite thread. The weather just got good where I'm at. I have some strawberries, raspberries, a small blueberry shrub all given to me from my neighbour.

Onions, tomatoes, and cabbage that I hope come back again this year.

The mint I planted is starting to spread like wildfire.

DEFINITELY THE MOST POSITIVE THREAD ON HERE.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Garden aint picture worthy yet but pics of my setup already here. Couple of news things am doing this year

-my 275 gallon rain water catchment system is setup so watering as much as i can with that
-growing radishes for the 1st time (they have already been in the ground since early April) and are huge

POST THEM PICS BREH. IT MAKES THE FINISHED PRODUCT LOOK SO MUCH BETTER.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc

plant some sweet potatoes in where you had them radishes my guy. you got that natural tilling going on. people really aren't hip to that yet

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
lookin happy and healthy breh, here's some of my phals (last one is a cattleya). also what kinda keyboard is that?

edit: i see you with the pvc monitor stand (?) :russ: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-name-is-mr-snifles-and-im-addicted-to-pvc.786984/
phaels.jpg

more_phaels.jpg

I have never seen a breh with orchids. Do you live in Hawaii or something? lol

How do you get them? They seem expensive, interesting how they are blooming at the same time. How do you get them to bloom so much in one stack?

My mom has orchids, she call them her children. LMAO.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
I have never seen a breh with orchids. Do you live in Hawaii or something? lol

How do you get them? They seem expensive, interesting how they are blooming at the same time. How do you get them to bloom so much in one stack?

My mom has orchids, she call them her children. LMAO.
nah breh i live in new england, orchids grow everywhere on earth except antarctica lol

common ones like mine run like 10 to 20 bucks and honestly once u get the media/lighting right they thrive off neglect, they're pretty easy plants to tend to

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I cleaned out my raised beds, added another one, and filled them up.

After 6 seasons my raise beds are finally :rip:

Cedar wood walls are bent and rotting off. I guess this is going to be a weekend project to build new ones before I plant.

Collards came back on their own though. I never seen that happen.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
End of season update

Bellpeppers did great, have 3 plants going right now

bellpepers.jpg

some habaneros
habaneros.jpg

grew okra for the first time this year, have about 8 plants

okira.jpg

grew more/bigger tomatoes than ever

tomatoes.jpg

tomatoes2.jpg

setup a greenhouse, didnt use it this year need to mod it a bit will use for seeds next year

greenhouse.png

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Some thoughts/update on this

- the 275 tank captured more water than i could use one point, so much so that the water kinda got stale (the same smell if you ever been to a secluded lake), wasnt bad, but changed my plan on adding a second 275 tank for now

- radishes failed, they do not do well in the heat at all, should have planted them a month earlier

- peppers in beds are doing better than in bags

- in ground planting failed, even after tilling weeds over took me, planted 6 or 7 things only okra and tomatoes made it, will try again next year with custom weed fabrics

- cucumbers which were planted in the back failed

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Some thoughts/update on this

- the 275 tank captured more water than i could use one point, so much so that the water kinda got stale (the same smell if you ever been to a secluded lake), wasnt bad, but changed my plan on adding a second 275 tank for now

- radishes failed, they do not do well in the heat at all, should have planted them a month earlier

- peppers in beds are doing better than in bags

- in ground planting failed, even after tilling weeds over took me, planted 6 or 7 things only okra and tomatoes made it, will try again next year with custom weed fabrics

- cucumbers which were planted in the back failed
Damn, I wish I thought of it because you can prevent that algae growth in the tank by pouring 3% hydrogen peroxide in it usually a bottle for a 50 gallon barrel, it'll oxidize and lower the pH, agitate after pouring and it'll be safe for the plants as well

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn, I wish I thought of it because you can prevent that algae growth in the tank by pouring 3% hydrogen peroxide in it usually a bottle for a 50 gallon barrel, it'll oxidize and lower the pH, agitate after pouring and it'll be safe for the plants as well

it wasn't algae, at least I don't think so, it's a white / semi clear tank but I have it wrapped in black film just for that exact reason, we had a couple storms and I let it sit for too long