Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

Daps
I hope my string trellis for my cucumbers and cantaloupes will be strong/tall enough. I have tomatoes in grow bags, I need to get some cages for them before they get crazy. Trying to grow kale and collards indoors this year, just need to find the right grow lights.
R005zwE.jpg
However tall you think it needs to be, it needs to be taller

:hubie:

I had to cut some down, because I didn’t check on them for 2 weeks, since we had rain every few days, and that had grown into the grass, and all through the tomato plants. Next year, I’m only planting 3 seeds.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I hope my string trellis for my cucumbers and cantaloupes will be strong/tall enough. I have tomatoes in grow bags, I need to get some cages for them before they get crazy. Trying to grow kale and collards indoors this year, just need to find the right grow lights.
R005zwE.jpg

Way too many cucumbers. I was struggling with them earlier this year so I ended up going overboard with my next batch. I should have only kept a few. Next year I'll plan better.

AwDGBdh.jpg

Last edited:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I have not seen a single bee in 2022 WTF. I got all these flowers and nothing is happening. I'm going to have to hand pollinate, rub them shyts together with Marvin Gaye playing in the background

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:sadbron: this has been my worst year ever, it's been way too hot and humid, barely going to get more than a hand of peppers and tomatoes

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Highly recommend this brehs channel, not much good combo of tech and gardening

Just ran through this Playlist yesterday going to implement some of his mods to my rain barrel

Daps
I picked 50 tomatoes today

:mjlit:

What the hell are we going to do with all these tomatoes???!!!

:damn:

What was I thinking? I created an heirloom plant from seedlings, a Campari plant from seedlings, and bought a beefsteak plant, and a Roma plant. I should have known better.

:dahell:

At least I didn’t do a cherry plant this year. They’re indeterminate too, and I never keep up with them. There are too many too keep up with, and we don’t even eat tomatoes like that. I just start started a garden as a hobby.

BlkAxeMan

Pro
Daps
I picked 50 tomatoes today

:mjlit:

What the hell are we going to do with all these tomatoes???!!!

:damn:

What was I thinking? I created an heirloom plant from seedlings, a Campari plant from seedlings, and bought a beefsteak plant, and a Roma plant. I should have known better.

:dahell:

At least I didn’t do a cherry plant this year. They’re indeterminate too, and I never keep up with them. There are too many too keep up with, and we don’t even eat tomatoes like that. I just start started a garden as a hobby.
Make sauce and freeze it.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
What is it like, do you enjoy it
i primarily work with kids, so working with city kids, 14-16 in the carolina heat is hard work on its own, then harvesting okra with long sleeves on is a whole nother beast.

However, i leave every day feeling accomplished, knowing i actually did something. I couldnt say the same for when I was a molecular biologist.

I enjoy it highly, it is about time to start planting seeds for collards, kale, broccoli, cabbage, mustard, tender/turnip/rape greens.

Get into it if you can!