Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked how they brought back Aisha and allowed her to demonstrate that the teachings of cobra Kai can lead to positive life changes

I thought when they started talking about needing girl fighters that was gonna be the window for her to come back. As soon as she she opened that door it wasn’t happening..:mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I thought when they started talking about needing girl fighters that was gonna be the window for her to come back. As soon as she she opened that door it wasn’t happening..:mjlol:

Yeah, considering the actress was talking a bit greasy about the showrunners leaving her hanging and she being in bad spot financially in life, it's an apparent wonder that she must've completely devoured the bone they tossed her with her 1 cameo appearance this season, considering how much bigger she got in that 1 year's time.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Silver still a scumbag and Julie Pierce should've been the one teaming up with Daniel tho

That's what I was thinking, but how? I'm sure she knows about Daniel, maybe Daniel even knows about her but how she ends up in the Valley, probably looking for him. I couldn't see how to make it work.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I understand the show has a natural silliness to it but imagine a filthy rich man living in a $40 million ocean front Malibu mansion switching up to fulfill his life duty as a karate teacher for teenagers.
:skip:
I mean I teach martial arts anyways right now (BJJ, not Karate), so if I had $40 million ocean front property I would absolutely just live out my passion for the rest of my days. Especially if I were Terry Silver's age. I feel like at that point you want to enjoy life and start thinking about the legacy that you want to leave behind.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
-This was a good season, but not great. I'm ready for this to end.
-Miguel starting to look 33 and out of shape
-Samantha was unbearable this season. I'm glad she "lost". She should've let all that shyt with Tory go.
-The mama was unknowingly (or maybe on purpose) playing mind games with Tory too. Showing up at her job and giving her that little "don't cheat" pre-game speech. :mjlol:
-good to see what Terry Silver did after Ghost made him dissappear on Power. He became a former coked out Karate instructor turned yuppie. :laff::laff::laff:
-Silver was so bad even Kreese was like :picard: "what the fukk did i do?" all season.
-the best story arc was definitely little Kenny Payne going from cosplaying nerd to a young cocky breh beatin up cacs in the locker room. He was hookin off on LaPusso's ribs. :wow::mjlol::pachaha:
You're right about Miguel looking kind of :flabbynsick: this season

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
That's what I was thinking, but how? I'm sure she knows about Daniel, maybe Daniel even knows about her but how she ends up in the Valley, probably looking for him. I couldn't see how to make it work.

she's an anger management counselor and when Daniel starts to get rage urges he inevitably sees her because he remembers how she connect w/ Mr Miyagi

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this season was gold...silver is even more of a sociopath than kreese...he was playing chess while others were playing checkers

the karate in this shyt was sharp...you can tell these cats were training hard...outside of miguel...man needs to re learn 2 words "im full"

johnny was comedic gold....my woman never watched any of the karate kid flicks but she binged this shyt with me so now she wants to watch those now
100%

Also, I'm pretty sure the actor that plays Terry Silver is a lifelong Karate guy. I think he's still doing it even at his age now, and I think he may have done all his own stunts this season.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Question about the last 2 episodes

Terry'd bribe didn't matter though, right? Sure, the ref that he paid was willing to overlook any fouls that Tory did to Sam, but Tory only did the one accidental elbow to the eye, right?

Like, Tory beat Sam fair and square, didn't she?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Terry'd bribe didn't matter though, right? Sure, the ref that he paid was willing to overlook any fouls that Tory did to Sam, but Tory only did the one accidental elbow to the eye, right?

i'm assuming it was for the entire tournament, so while tory won fairly (as far as we can see), the ref prob let shyt slide in the other qualifier rounds

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
so how do ya'll think
chozen gotta be integrated in S5?

we got that grand ass speech from daniel to miyagi's grave...and we've seen what chozen can do in S3...but how ya'll think they'll put it into use?
Daniel and Johnny made the deal about 'loser leaves town' with their dojos if they lost the All Valley to Cobra Kai. And they did. So I'm thinking maybe Chozen sets up a dojo and Daniel deals with Cobra Kai through Chozen's new school?

I sort of think Johnny isn't going to be involved in the Karate beef. I think Johnny is going to go after Miguel, and plus Johnny's beef was more with Kreese than Terry Silver, and Kreese is going to be out of the Karate picture as well.

I think it'll be DanielChozen/Muyagi-Do vs Terry Silver/Cobra Kai for season 5.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Nah.

He shaved a off a point during their match, called out of bounds and you see Daniel and Johnny hit the :stopitslime: when it happens.

That was the only real indicator that the ref was up to something fishy once you saw him and Terry talking. Now the whole tourney is suspect on the rewatch.