Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
spoiler for episode 9
I sound like such a dork, but Miguel hurting himself mid-air during the spinning kick took me out of things for a second. Expecting realism on a show like this is goofy, but if he would've hurt himself on a technique like that, it would've been as he left the ground or as he landed. Especially with the crunching sound effect? :heh: I don't know. It seemed a little silly to me.

Hope he's okay though :lupe:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
spoiler for episode 9
I sound like such a dork, but Miguel hurting himself mid-air during the spinning kick took me out of things for a second. Expecting realism on a show like this is goofy, but if he would've hurt himself on a technique like that, it would've been as he left the ground or as he landed. Especially with the crunching sound effect? :heh: I don't know. It seemed a little silly to me.

I immediately thought this would happen
AstonishingHauntingDrafthorse-max-1mb.gif
from Daniel since the theme seemed to be history repeating itself
Little homages where sprinkled throughout the season:wow:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
-This was a good season, but not great. I'm ready for this to end.
-Miguel starting to look 33 and out of shape
-Samantha was unbearable this season. I'm glad she "lost". She should've let all that shyt with Tory go.
-The mama was unknowingly (or maybe on purpose) playing mind games with Tory too. Showing up at her job and giving her that little "don't cheat" pre-game speech. :mjlol:
-good to see what Terry Silver did after Ghost made him dissappear on Power. He became a former coked out Karate instructor turned yuppie. :laff::laff::laff:
-Silver was so bad even Kreese was like :picard: "what the fukk did i do?" all season.
-the best story arc was definitely little Kenny Payne going from cosplaying nerd to a young cocky breh beatin up cacs in the locker room. He was hookin off on LaPusso's ribs. :wow::mjlol::pachaha:

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
spoiler for episode 9

yeah, how you pull a muscle in the air

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
While it took them long enough, surprise credit is due to how well and mostly non-stereotypically written Kenny was. He was fairly well rounded, and at least his "absent" father wasn't due to the usual trappings and one of more understandable respect. Duke was a full blerd, but learned to stand up for himself. I can see folks having some contention about him having a "white savior", but even that is handled decent enough for sensible reason with his real brother telling him to go that route.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
While it took them long enough, surprise credit is due to how well and mostly non-stereotypically written Kenny was. He was fairly well rounded, and at least his "absent" father wasn't due to the usual trappings and one of more understandable respect. Duke was a full blerd, but learned to stand up for himself. I can see folks having some contention about him having a "white savior", but even that is handled decent enough for sensible reason with his real brother telling him to go that route.

Yeah they did the Kenny character really well. Robbie going to try and bring him back but he is feeling himself.

Sam was awful all season long. So glad they had her lose in the finals. Both LaRusso kids are spoiled brats that got beat down in the last episode:lolbron:

I could use a break from the Miguel character. Always one foot in and one foot out. Maybe having him and Johnny in Mexico next season will be good.

The Hawk story arc was done well. Didnt think they would have him be the one to win the tournament.

That Robbie/Johnny scene at the end had me :mjcry:. How does Johnny help his son and save Miguel from his father?

Terry Silver was throwing his money around all season. He was on some comic book supervillain shyt. I loved it.

Can't wait for season 5