Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Here's a really good interview of the guy that played Mike Barnes. This was done mid-last year, so before season 3 aired. Doesn't seem like he presents anything stating outright that he's been in talks to come to the show, lest I missed it somewhere (was distracted at various points and still watching), but he does talk about his thoughts and likes of the show at the beginning.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i forgot i even watched this shyt over the weekend. :mjlol:

-Miguel got healthy just to get fukked up again
-We supposed to feel sorry for Kreese? :hhh:
-LOL @ them new kids Kreese recruited. Asian dude was a natural. :wow:
-What happened to the fat girl? :dwillhuh:
-We supposed to believe Daniel went over to Japan and didn't cheat on his wife with them PAAGs. :skip:
-Robbie is not worth saving at this point. He hit rock bottom and went to Juvie and was getting punked by Sammy Watkins, got out and went over there with Kreese. Let him go Johnny, you tried. Blame his thot ass rehab mama. :manny:
-At this point Tory and Sam fightin just to be fighting and being petty.
Re: the bolded, I've read mad different shyt about Aisha not being on season 3. I've read she had health issues. I've read her mom was sick and she wanted to take care of her. I've read the show runners and her didn't get along because her and her boyfriend were drunk driving and totaled their car. I've read the show runners just didn't have a good slot for her but that they're cool to bring her back in season 4.

I have no idea what went down there.

Were we supposed to feel sorry for Kreese? I don't really think so. I mores thought they were showing his back story just to let us know how he became how he was. And I didn't totally buy in that he would pull such a crazy heel turn while in Vietnam in a 5 minute time-span. But I did like the backstory, and I liked that they swerved on us and made us think Terry Silver was the ponytail guy.

In real life Robbie would be so fukked. Dude's got a criminal record, no GED, terrible parenting, and will have had 2 other mentors let him down by the end of the show. Not to mention that one of his mentors was his dad's arch-nemesis. That by itself would warp someone and fukk them up. :picard:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
YOOOOOOO :russ::russ::russ: This show really should be subtitled "A Series of Unfortunate Misunderstandings"
:dead: so true

Speaking of subtitles. Netflix botched them so badly this season. They're littered with mistakes. After a few episodes we just turned them off. In many cases there were entire phrases and sentences being spoken that the subtitles cut short.

It made me wonder if they did the subtitles based on the script, and the actors adlibbed a little bit. Because I sure as shyt don't believe someone at Netflix sat and watched the show and transcribed the dialogue.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Something about Daniel's wife is :takedat:
For me it's her eyes. Brunettes with blue/green eyes aren't super common and they're dope.

Johnny was about to go back to back like Kobe till she stepped in :hhh:
It's crazy. Life goes like that too. When it's dry there's nothing, but when it's not there's usually multiple options that fall in place at once.

My girlfriend even said what Mrs. LaRusso did was kinda fukked up to. She said, "Johnny and Carmen only fukked once. It's not like they're in a committed relationship yet or anything.:beli:"

I get that they wanted Ali to be the magical character to help nudge Johnny (and Daniel to an extent) into the future and to cherish the past without dwelling on it, but they could've let my guy Johnny double dip after he'd been waiting 35 years.
:unimpressed:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
For some reason I couldn't get into this season imma have to put my phone down and rewatch...For tha oast two weeks I only been reading stuff about growing..I want that karate kicc bacc pacc..yall eva seen Three Ninjas growing up?
I thought this season was better than season 2 in terms of progressing the story. The biggest thing I missed about this season is that personally I find Johnny to be a better lead character, and I think his story is more compelling. Seasons 1 and 2 were heavy on Johnny's arc, and this season spent more time focusing on Daniel.

It's good for the overall story, I think. But at least for me, I find Daniel to be a less interesting character.