Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Re: the bolded, I've read mad different shyt about Aisha not being on season 3. I've read she had health issues. I've read her mom was sick and she wanted to take care of her. I've read the show runners and her didn't get along because her and her boyfriend were drunk driving and totaled their car. I've read the show runners just didn't have a good slot for her but that they're cool to bring her back in season 4.

I have no idea what went down there.

Were we supposed to feel sorry for Kreese? I don't really think so. I mores thought they were showing his back story just to let us know how he became how he was. And I didn't totally buy in that he would pull such a crazy heel turn while in Vietnam in a 5 minute time-span. But I did like the backstory, and I liked that they swerved on us and made us think Terry Silver was the ponytail guy.

In real life Robbie would be so fukked. Dude's got a criminal record, no GED, terrible parenting, and will have had 2 other mentors let him down by the end of the show. Not to mention that one of his mentors was his dad's arch-nemesis. That by itself would warp someone and fukk them up. :picard:

is it the consensus that Silver is the other guy at the end? i havent watched KK3 in years but didnt Silver say Kreese saved his life in Nam?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
To be fair the dude's like 75 years old :heh:

It's very obvious that he's not doing much of ant of his fight scenes. The study double is always always filmed from behind when they have Kreese fight.

Honestly for an average 75 year old white guy he looks about as youthful and healthy as one can be at that age. But I know he's 75, and I'm into stunts, so any fight scene with him in it automatically makes me look for signs of the stunt double. Maybe it's not as noticeable to others.

I was so fukking high on new years watching this shyt, like damn my mans Krease still badass, as long as the keep the camera up close. From far away that nikka look like somebody grandma :mjlol:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't see how you can have 2 different karate teachers. Johnny and Daniel styles are way too different to operate in one dojo.

That's the whole point.

Daniel/Johnny, Myagi-do/Cobra-Kai = Yin/Yang.

They only way to take down Krease and rescue these kids from being complete fukk ups is to find a balancing point between their two styles.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
As someone that’s made martial arts their career (not karate) Re: what you said that I bolded.

That’s facts. And a lot of legit martial artists and mma fighters and coaches have said in casual conversations for years that the old Karate Kid flicks gave people a false idea of what effective training was. The whole idea of practicing stuff (like waxing a car) that’s not fighting and then translating it to fighting is goofy.

Miyagi’s entire philosophy of not actually training hard or fighting for real is not a good way to train. But it’s just a film series and show, so it’s not that serious.
:hubie:

But you aren’t wrong.
:salute:

While I don't train like that, I'm very into energy work and philosphy...I think the whole point behind Myiagi-do and things that would be adjacent to it is more about preparing a student for LIFE rather than fights, of course there's competitive arts and self defense but it seems to me he did enough killing for a lifetime. He might have used the appeal of competition as a hook, but he was trying to make Daniel into an agent of peace and protection rather than a fighting machine.

Ironically one of the people that put me on to that kinda stuff was a therapist that I had who was a vietnam vet with shrapnel sticking out his arm. He woulda been like Krease or guilt ridden for all the people he killed in the war if he hadn't found a path to inner peace and balance.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wow impressive ending...shyt was dope except for the over the top house fight...idk maybe it was the homeowner in me that had me pissed throughout the whole fight...everything else was great tho down to phil collins’ ‘in the air tonight’...great season finale

...buuut I still don’t see what part of kreese’s flashbacks explain his obsession with manipulating kids tho :yeshrug:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
wow impressive ending...shyt was dope except for the over the top house fight...idk maybe it was the homeowner in me that had me pissed throughout the whole fight...everything else was great tho down to phil collins’ ‘in the air tonight’...great season finale

...buuut I still don’t see what part of kreese’s flashbacks explain his obsession with manipulating kids tho :yeshrug:
His sensei/superior officer mocked him for not having enough of a killer instinct to blow up his friend to complete a mission.