Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Read that Aisha is not coming back next season. I thought season 3 would have been a great opportunity to give her a story arc.

yeah I read that shyt too, I guess they want to focus more on the adults maybe next season?

Tori sorta stole her lane as the Cobra Kai girl too :manny:

This shyt crack, Netflix needs to drop that third season on Christmas or New Years

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Carmen fine as shyt :whoo:
Yeah she is.

BTW I googled Daniel's wife, and she's only 38 years old. :dwillhuh: They liked her so much for the part that they ave er makeup to make her look older.

She looks way younger
iwro8ew0ipu21.jpg

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Right, they would be friends if they could just grow up.
Hopefully that's the direction they go for season 3. At this point their feud is running on fumes, I think. They've pretty much run the course of misunderstandings. They may not become full-on friends just yet, but they have to form an alliance against Cobra Kai season 3. It doesn't make sense for them to beef anymore now that things have gotten this serious, especially when Daniel's the one that mostly keeps perpetuating it. Johnny's been ready to let it go.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think that was their intention. If Johnny had a teacher like Mr Miyagi instead of a violent MAGA white supremacist, he would have turned out much differently. Daniel acts the way a lot of people do who were bullied as a kid and never really got over it.
Yep. My career is teaching martial arts (not Karate) so maybe I'm alone on this, but IMO Miyai-Do has its flaws too. I think there's a middle-ground, and they can both learn from each other. Sometimes you do have to strike first. Sometimes you can't just be entirely passive, and only be defensive. Sometimes you have to take the initiative.

Ironically, Miyagi-Do doesn't fully embrace the balance that it believes is its key foundation.

Because the crazy thing is in real life, training how Miyagi-Do trains is stupid. :manny: You only get good at fighting by actually fighting. Karate Kid kind of messed up perceptions of real martial arts (and led to some true frauds in the martial arts community) by making people think the philosophical/soft aspects were more objectively better and more important than the physical/hard training aspect.

Final fun fact. There's a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school in Las Vegas called Cobra Kai. They have dope artwork/murals on the walls and they use the Cobra Kai logo.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Yep. My career is teaching martial arts (not Karate) so maybe I'm alone on this, but IMO Miyai-Do has its flaws too. I think there's a middle-ground, and they can both learn from each other. Sometimes you do have to strike first. Sometimes you can't just be entirely passive, and only be defensive. Sometimes you have to take the initiative.

Ironically, Miyagi-Do doesn't fully embrace the balance that it believes is its key foundation.

Because the crazy thing is in real life, training how Miyagi-Do trains is stupid. :manny: You only get good at fighting by actually fighting. Karate Kid kind of messed up perceptions of real martial arts (and led to some true frauds in the martial arts community) by making people think the philosophical/soft aspects were more objectively better and more important than the physical/hard training aspect.

Final fun fact. There's a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school in Las Vegas called Cobra Kai. They have dope artwork/murals on the walls and they use the Cobra Kai logo.

Good points, thats how i feel as well. Do you live in las vegas?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nooooooooo. :mjcry:

I wonder if she got another gig when the show's future was in limbo.
yeah I read that shyt too, I guess they want to focus more on the adults maybe next season?

Tori sorta stole her lane as the Cobra Kai girl too :manny:

This shyt crack, Netflix needs to drop that third season on Christmas or New Years

It sounds like they couldn't fit her in for next season but that's kind of an ass reason.
I noticed she's not present when Kreese makes his coup on Cobra Kai. I thought for next season she'd decide to drop out of Cobra Kai after Miguel got fukked up and would be instrumental in rallying other drop outs and Miyagi-Do students fight against Cobra Kai fukkery. While helping Miguel get back into form with the help of Johnny, Daniel, etc.