Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Funny cause my boy and I were just saying the exact opposite. He and I both feel Netflix is too junky and has too much shyt and just a hornets nest of content. Hulu has a cleaner UI and has less original content so what they do have gets propped up. Wouldn’t be mad at either but I’d prefer Hulu . All while being fully aware the Netflix name has more cache

Welp, glad your ass was wrong. Netflix got the shyt and in 4k, ya bish! Hulu and it's none HDR, no 4k having ass. Don't you dare matter that failing as UI is better than Netflix either. Too much shyt?! Pfff...more like, too much better shyt, fool. You usually on point with your synopsis on shyt...so this is all the more disappointing that you would say this blasphemy above.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm so happy this is on Netfix were it can generate more momentum and interest for season 3. This series never got the attention it deserved due to it being on YouTube only, and it's better than it has any right to be.

This show does a lot of things right.

• It knows what it is and embraces it. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and yet it has touching moments
  • I like that Johnny and Daniel are both flawed, and I love how it presents the events from the 1st Karate Kid movie through Johnny's point-of-view
  • Even the kids aren't all good or bad. They all make mistakes, but none so bad that they don't feel redeemable
  • The show will do something really silly and goofy, then follow it with an emotional moment, and it's a show that can be enjoyed be teens as well as adults
  • There's a lot of generally cool stuff in there about PC culture, cyber-bullying, etc, and it doesn't feel preachy or forced either way
  • It can be enjoyed by older fans of the originals, and by people that have never seen the originals
Also, just my opinion, but especially in season 1, Daniel comes off as way more petty and child-like than Johnny, despite being the 'winner' of their feud, both on the mat and in real life.I find Johnny to be a much more sympathetic character :hubie:

I love this deleted from season 1.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Binged this in a few days, great nostalgia trip. Quite a few leaps in logic. I hate Robbie, such a little dip shyt, dude just showed up at the tournament with a black belt after taking karate lessons for a few weeks. All to spite his dad:francis:
But great entertainment value in this show, too bad season 3 is a long way off.
I agree on Robbie. I thought the bolded was a nod to Daniel's girl stealing a black belt in Karate Kid 1 for him to be allowed to compete. Another lame move by Daniel, as usual.

If you haven't seen it, watch Karate Kid 3. One of the funniest/best movie villains ever.

Re: season 3, it's totally edited and finished. It's ready to go. I read Netfix wanted to give people (that didn't know about it until just now) time to get caught up on season 1 and 2, build up more of a fan-base, and give them time to get excited for season 3.

I'm sure they'll roll it out early in 2021. Hell, they may push it up to the holidays of 2020 if the numbers are bigger than they're expecting.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I agree on Robbie. I thought the bolded was a nod to Daniel's girl stealing a black belt in Karate Kid 1 for him to be allowed to compete. Another lame move by Daniel, as usual.

If you haven't seen it, watch Karate Kid 3. One of the funniest/best movie villains ever.

Re: season 3, it's totally edited and finished. It's ready to go. I read Netfix wanted to give people (that didn't know about it until just now) time to get caught up on season 1 and 2, build up more of a fan-base, and give them time to get excited for season 3.

I'm sure they'll roll it out early in 2021. Hell, they may push it up to the holidays of 2020 if the numbers are bigger than they're expecting.
:yes: I'm surprised they're not shooting for release just before Christmas

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm so happy this is on Netfix were it can generate more momentum and interest for season 3. This series never got the attention it deserved due to it being on YouTube only, and it's better than it has any right to be.

• It knows what it is and embraces it. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and yet it has touching moments
  • I like that Johnny and Daniel are both flawed, and I love how it presents the events from the 1st Karate Kid movie through Johnny's point-of-view
  • Even the kids aren't all good or bad. They all make mistakes, but none so bad that they don't feel redeemable
  • The show will do something really silly and goofy, then follow it with an emotional moment, and it's a show that can be enjoyed be teens as well as adults
  • There's a lot of generally cool stuff in there about PC culture, cyber-bullying, etc, and it doesn't feel preachy or forced either way
  • It can be enjoyed by older fans of the originals, and by people that have never seen the originals
Also, just my opinion, but especially in season 1, Daniel comes off as way more petty and child-like than Johnny, despite being the 'winner' of their feud, both on the mat and in real life.I find Johnny to be a much more sympathetic character :hubie:

To add to this, I also like how:

• Aren't afraid to go against the PC era and praises some of the better things about the 80's harder life lesson era trials and tribulations.
  • How Johnny be like dropping gems on Miguel like about "fighting fair" can be bullshyt IRL, so fukk it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Welp, glad your ass was wrong. Netflix got the shyt and in 4k, ya bish! Hulu and it's none HDR, no 4k having ass. Don't you dare matter that failing as UI is better than Netflix either. Too much shyt?! Pfff...more like, too much better shyt, fool. You usually on point with your synopsis on shyt...so this is all the more disappointing that you would say this blasphemy above.

:dead:

I judge the UI on how fast I can access menus like subs/audio settings, search shows, how laggy/snappy it is. All the other streamers I've tried are ass in those areas.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Everytime I logged onto YouTube i would see an ad for the show pop up. Or a trailer for the show would play before a video. But then I did notice they stopped popping up over time..
YouTube decided to give up on trying to create original series content, which is probably why.

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California

I think that was their intention. If Johnny had a teacher like Mr Miyagi instead of a violent MAGA white supremacist, he would have turned out much differently. Daniel acts the way a lot of people do who were bullied as a kid and never really got over it.