Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Kinda fukked up.

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/31/black-panther-comic-writer-not-invited-to-movie-premiere/

‘Black Panther’ comic writer not invited to movie premiere
By Carlos Greer

January 31, 2018 | 9:37pm

The LA debut of “Black Panther” put most movie premieres to shame with a royal-themed dress code, but the big night also brought disappointment for some.

“My feelings are real hurt that I didn’t get an invite to the [premiere]. I mean goddamn Marvel. Goddamn,” Roxane Gay, co-writer of the comic book series “Black Panther: World of Wakanda” tweeted.

Gay and Yona Harvey in 2016 became the first black women to be lead writers for Marvel.

She added, “I mean. It’s fine. I’M not fancy. Just admitting that my lil feelings were hurt.”

Gay still encouraged people to see the film starring Chadwick Boseman by tweeting: “I hope you all support the movie enthusiastically. By all early accounts, [it] is incredible. And a lot of black work and creativity went into its making.”

fukk that hoe. She's another writer that wanted to introduce a bunch of queer characters into the world of wakanda and turn it into some feminist movement shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Kinda fukked up.

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/31/black-panther-comic-writer-not-invited-to-movie-premiere/

‘Black Panther’ comic writer not invited to movie premiere
By Carlos Greer

January 31, 2018 | 9:37pm

The LA debut of “Black Panther” put most movie premieres to shame with a royal-themed dress code, but the big night also brought disappointment for some.

“My feelings are real hurt that I didn’t get an invite to the [premiere]. I mean goddamn Marvel. Goddamn,” Roxane Gay, co-writer of the comic book series “Black Panther: World of Wakanda” tweeted.

Gay and Yona Harvey in 2016 became the first black women to be lead writers for Marvel.

She added, “I mean. It’s fine. I’M not fancy. Just admitting that my lil feelings were hurt.”

Gay still encouraged people to see the film starring Chadwick Boseman by tweeting: “I hope you all support the movie enthusiastically. By all early accounts, [it] is incredible. And a lot of black work and creativity went into its making.”
She didn't even write Black Panther proper she wrote side characters for 5 issues

writers that wrote T'challa for years likely weren't at the premiere so I'm not seeing the big deal

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She didn't even write Black Panther proper she wrote side characters for 5 issues

writers that wrote T'challa for years likely weren't at the premiere so I'm not seeing the big deal

Exactly.....People were trying to act like this was some grave injustice or that she was excluded because she was a woman.

She was excluded because she was only on the book for a hot second and wasn't even on the main title.

Willing to bet David Liss and Johnathan Maberry weren't invited either, and they wrote Black Panther comics for YEARS.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just to clarify I'll say again that I had no problem with Coates or Gay elevating the female characters in Black Panther. I wanted to see that very thing happen for years, the problem was they elevated those characters at the expense of T'Challa. So much of those books is just straight up T'Challa bashing with no context of events.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Exactly.....People were trying to act like this was some grave injustice or that she was excluded because she was a woman.

She was excluded because she was only on the book for a hot second and wasn't even on the main title.

Willing to bet David Liss and Johnathan Maberry weren't invited either, and they wrote Black Panther comics for YEARS.

Who is saying it's a grave injustice or blaming it on her gender? Stop projecting all that shyt on this. I just posted something that popped on on page six alerts related to Black Panther. There's no outrage anywhere. Calm your t*ts.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Jeff Sneider and Simon Thompson think its one of the three best Marvel movies. (Jeff's not a big Marvel guy)

The interesting thing is their favorite Marvel film is Ant-Man.

Didn't go in depth, but the one complaint they had was that Black Panther stole the show in Civil War. In this other characters kind of steal the movie and you didn't expect that. They said he was still good though.

I do think people who watched Civil War had such high expectations for the character in his own movie.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Just bought my IMAX tickets at Magic Johnson's Theater
MH7LuV0.png

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is saying it's a grave injustice or blaming it on her gender? Stop projecting all that shyt on this. I just posted something that popped on on page six alerts related to Black Panther. There's no outrage anywhere. Calm your t*ts.

Go look at her twitter feed where she originally made the comments. She made that statement and a bunch of other women immediately jumped in on some "How dare they" BS.

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night

They giving out free tickets for early imax screenings; all the available cities are sold out except for

dallas
full

boston
full

:mjpls:

besides me pointing out the obvious, i can't wait to see this in imax. first movie im paying to watch in years. for anyone looking to cop some fly bp gear, this site has it
31678-detail-57445b69b76d8_1024x1024.jpeg