Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Was the anticipation for spawn and blade like this? I know we didn’t have social media back then but I was to young to really take in the fact that there weren’t any black super heroes like that.

I just remember seeing them shyts like every other block buster.
No. Marketing and promotion just wasn't as big as it is today especially New Line and the comic book genre didnt really exist. Blade was under the radar and Spawn wasn't promoted as a black movie. MJW was barely out of costume in Spawn. Just look at the trailer.

No one knew what to do with Blade and New Line didnt have faith in it. The trailer and movie had more of a rave scene/vibe influence to it. It wasn't until after it got great reviews and made a profit did they start getting behind. They put some real money in the second one and started involving hip-hop artists (Busta, The Roots, Cypress Hill, Eve, Ice Cube, Mystikal, Trina, Rah Digga, Fab, Jadakiss, Mos Def) with the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Going to take the day off work and see it in the morning first showing hopefully to avoid any a$$holes that think it's cool to show up drunk.:stopitslime:

Almost had Doctor Strange ruined by some fat fukk struggling to breathe.:martin:
I was gonna try to catch it early on a Sunday but I work hard enough to take a day off and see it during the week.

I love going to the movies but not when the theater is packed. I'm trying to hear plot points.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I was gonna try to catch it early on a Sunday but I work hard enough to take a day off and see it during the week.

I love going to the movies but not when the theater is packed. I'm trying to hear plot points.

I was honestly thinking about going to see this opening weekend Friday night, downtown DC, but now that I think about it I know there gonna be hella people that are gonna get way too chatty.

I might just do Saturday afternoon.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Serious question. WHAT THE fukk is it about this film thats making woke negros all :angry::angry::angry::angry:

SERIOUSLY I've seen more :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: from these "woke crowds" than actual racists from *****, reddit, etc,etc.

I've been wondering that myself actually. I understand some of what they're opposed too but that ain't stopping me from being excited as fukk. Ain't got time to be that level of bitter.