Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
man shut the fukk up.:hhh: ain't nothing wrong with saying this is a black event. You sound real c00nish

And you sound deluded, I will be there opening day but I am not kidding myself in thinking “Black everything” when white people are essentially behind this. I am not trying to rain on the parade and am very much looking forward to this film but let’s examjne facts.

Character created by a white man, the film wouldn’t have got the green lit if not for a white man. The investors are white etc....... making statement like “white people dont get to excited as this is a black thing” is just moronic or acting like this movie highlights black accomplishments and greatness is just:mjlol:. The way some nikkas are acting you would think Wakanda is real and this is a biopic. Like I said I am not trying to rain on the parade so will let you cook.:salute:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you sound deluded, I will be there opening day but I am not kidding myself in thinking “Black everything” when white people are essentially behind this. I am not trying to rain on the parade and am very much looking forward to this film but let’s examjne facts.

Character created by a white man, the film wouldn’t have got the green lit if not for a white man. The investors are white etc....... making statement like “white people dont get to excited as this is a black thing” is just moronic or acting like this movie highlights black accomplishments and greatness is just:mjlol:. The way some nikkas are acting you would think Wakanda is real and this is a biopic. Like I said I am not trying to rain on the parade so will let you cook.:salute:

Stop lying, that's exactly what some of yall are doing.

The whole "This isn't really a black event because white people are involved in some capacity" thing is blatantly trying to "rain on people's parade" because by that standard there is no such thing as black media or entertainment in the U.S. Even Tyler Perry has to go to white distributors to get his movies out to the masses.

Black Panther has a Black producer, writer, director, cast, and was given a 100+ million dollar budget. That's NEVER happened before and it's ok for people to celebrate.

Also in the comics you'll see the most influential writers of Black Panther have been Black men. Christopher Priest and Reginald Hudlin are both black men, Hudlin was also instrumental in the Black Panther animated series being made and released.

It's ok for people to celebrate positive shyt that has NEVER happened before.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The whole "This isn't really a black event because white people are involved in some capacity" thing is blatantly trying to "rain on people's parade" because by that standard there is no such thing as black media or entertainment in the U.S. Even Tyler Perry has to go to white distributors to get his movies out to the masses.

Black Panther has a Black producer, writer, director, cast, and was given a 100+ million dollar budget. That's NEVER happened before and it's ok for people to celebrate.

Also in the comics you'll see the most influential writers of Black Panther have been Black men. Christopher Priest and Reginald Hudlin are both black men, Hudlin was also instrumental in the Black Panther animated series being made and released.

I think they're talking about the people on twitter telling white folks it's not for them.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
There was only one theater that had a women's only viewing of Wonder Woman.

Also there are literally dozens of black only events being held for the films release. You just have to look for them.
This is true....i was invited to 2 black only screenings of BP

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

And even if everything you said was wrong this is still a big budget movie green lighted with a black cast. That rarely happens and if you want to see it happen again support the film. Not by buying a bootleg out of ray rays trunk either, in the theater!

darryl

Superstar
Daps
@Cacdestroyer trying to fukk up everybody excitement. And bring the tone down. They can call it a black event, whenever they feel like it. You could've kept that shyt to yourself, nobody needed to hear your shytty opinion. "Cacdestroyer", lol you lame muthufukka

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was only one theater that had a women's only viewing of Wonder Woman.

Also there are literally dozens of black only events being held for the films release. You just have to look for them.

1 or 100, the number doesnt matter, i'd just like to see/go to it....

i havent heard about them, but that's probably cause i've gone on a media black out for the movie.....i'll look and see...