Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Movie had some good stuff going for it, but overall it was disappointment
the way the shyt been hyped up I was expecting some excellent visuals, compelling action sequences, story moved way too fast
not enough wakanda everyday life, not enough killmonger development, not enough t'challa outside of action sequences, when people said this political
I thought it would be like the BET motion comic, T'challa was far more an interesting character and so was the supporting cast.
It was cool for a superhero movie
not better than Meteor Man as a black film or superhero movie in all honesty. If black people rallied behind meteor man like this Robert Townsend who was a true boss and visionary would've built as a black film industry

you do know the original cut was 4 hours right??? :dwillhuh::picard:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

:mjlol:

Footnotes

1. He was pleasantly surprised they didn't turn Shuri into a bedwench. He said if Shuri would've gone bedwenches he would've walked out and gone to see Jumanji.

2. T'Challa was Barack Obama and Killmonger was Malcom X.

3. He noted that they never showed Black Panther killing any white people. The one time he had a chance to kill one (klaw) he didn't do it because "the world" was watching.

4. WAKANDA was basically the Mali empire. And notes how colonists stole all of their natural resources.

5. Basically Killmonger was the angry black man and T'Challa was the safe negro.

Overall he liked the movie though and recommend everyone go see it.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
T'Challa received outside help during the challenge. He effectively cheated and that alone should have forfeit it.. Also during the challenge they make it a point to strip him of the BP powers and he was given them back which ultimately saved his life. His girl committed treason against her nation because she didn't agree with the ideology of the new ruler.

T’Challa didn’t cheat. Zuri came in and interrupted without T’Challa knowledge and was killed. After that no one stopped the fight and T’Challa got thrown over the waterfall. No one ever stopped the fight saying Zuri disrupted the fight, they just let it continue. And since they let it continue, the rules of submit or death still applies, T’Challa did not die or submit thus he came back and tried to continue the fight.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

5. Basically Killmonger was the angry black man and T'Challa was the safe negro.

People with this view don't understand world politics.

People (real life) bark every day about how the US is in too many people's Koolaid, helping other citizens and getting involved in wars.

Wakanda would eventually had to have gotten into numerous wars throughout history if they weren't isolated. Wakanda would've found themselves in the middle of every countries dirty laundry and had they allied themselves with any particular nation, it could mean war. Yea, they'd win, but, not before thousands dying for nothing,

2018 is the most peaceful time ever in human history--the perfect time to get into a more global politicking.

I don't get how T'Challa was a "safe negro." He wanted to protect his people from the outside. Tariq goofy ass coined "Hold Your Own Nuts" whilst trying to be "Pan Africanist" when it can make him money. If anything, he's more like T'Challa living in the lap of luxury instead of the inner city. He wants to protect Mama Peanut and his kids, despite being a man conscience of his people outside his home's plight.

I agreed with T'Challa, but, I understand his dad took it too far and for that reason it was time to change if that was the length they were willing to go.

And Killmonger is a way more naunce character then people are giving him credit for. The main reason I wish Mike had more acting range. He was a bit too straight forward with the angry part.

Don't forget T'Challa JUST BECOME THE KING and almost immediately changed Wakanda's isolationist stance and did not solely being inspired by Killmonger.

:mindblown:people have the thought process of a child picking an apple or orange and hating the one they didn't pick.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

:mjlol:

Footnotes

1. He was pleasantly surprised they didn't turn Shuri into a bedwench. He said if Shuri would've gone bedwenches he would've walked out and gone to see Jumanji.

3. He noted that they never showed Black Panther killing any white people. The one time he had a chance to kill one (klaw) he didn't do it because "the world" was watching.

4. WAKANDA was basically the Mali empire. And notes how colonists stole all of their natural resources.

Overall he liked the movie though and recommend everyone go see it.

A bedwench? She was playing a 16 year old girl and in a country isolated with nothing but her own. How and why would she be with a white guy? I'm going to walk out of viewing his vid.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that could've been a passing of the torch moment. The last thing Tony Stark said at the end of Iron Man was "I am Iron Man" and that scene was set up perfectly for him to say "I am Black Panther" but they cut it short. It felt like the same thing only BP moved differently than Stark. Scene was still potentially symbolic.

Yep I thought the same thing.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Looking at the reviews on YouTube and it's hilarious how non black reviewers see Killmonger and T'Challa. This one Asian woman said Killmonger was talking about all the downtrodden people across the world, she didn't realize that he only cared about black people:russ:. Other's thought Wakanda owed it to the world to help everyone, I knew black folks would be the only ones to understand the real message in this film. T'Challa opening the Wakanda outreach program in Oakland was more important than his UN announcement.

They're doing that on purpose.

There's a reason #BLM become LGBT + Black women's lives matter once police killings left the media cycle.

There's a reason we're "people of color" instead recognizing our plight and it's relationship to American slavery and exploitation.

There's a reason they wanted gay characters in the movie and not any of the other Marvel films.

These liberals have the same complex as conservatives--and lowkey racist--they want us to get over "it" and believe in this "raising tide raises all ships" BS.

Killmonger kept referencing American slaves specifically and the hood (us).

Watch them make him an allegory about the gay rights movement next.

Also, I hate how people turning the Dora's into some "Girl Power" nonsense. If anything; these movie showed BLACK PEOPLE ain't shyt when we try to be BLACK MEN and BLACK WOMEN instead of a PEOPLE.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
T’Challa didn’t cheat. Zuri came in and interrupted without T’Challa knowledge and was killed. After that no one stopped the fight and T’Challa got thrown over the waterfall. No one ever stopped the fight saying Zuri disrupted the fight, they just let it continue. And since they let it continue, the rules of submit or death still applies, T’Challa did not die or submit thus he came back and tried to continue the fight.
Zuri interrupted because T'Challa was about to get killed. He begged Killmonger to kill him and not T'Challa and nobody jumped in because they didn't want T'Challa to die.

doublex

Pro
Daps
The estimates keep rising. :blessed:

Sunday, 12:31AM: Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther is even more ferocious than ever imagined. Late night estimates (not from Disney) indicate that T’Challa is headed to $194M over three-days after a super Saturday night between $66.8M-$68M which is only 11% down from Friday on the high-end. Also if you back out $25.2M Thursday previews from Friday’s $76.4M, Saturday’s business is still technically +33%. So that means business for Black Panther wasn’t front-loaded. Four-day figures remain a wild forecast for many analysts: They’re certain that Black Panther is expected to clear $220M, but he could fly as high as $230M. Projections at this minute are averaging around $223M. Over three-days, Black Panther now beats Avengers: Age of Ultron‘s 3-day number of $191.2M for the fifth best opening of all-time behind Avengers ($207.4M). On a four-day basis, it will also beat Ultron ($204.4M), but it might kick Avengers 4-day haul as well ($226.3M).

‘Black Panther’ Rips Apart Box Office Records: 3-Day Opening Rises To $194M+; 4-Day At $223M+

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
For a movie everyone is rating as 9/10, there have been endless nitpicks over the last two days:laugh: Lol@everyone wanting Killmonger to be Xorneto from Planet X
"I wish I could kill them all"- Xorneto