Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry: At Killmongers ancestral plain being nothing but a lonely project apartment disconnected from a homeland

When Bilbo came through and took out trained Wakandan pilots, there was audible disgust in the theater :dead:
This was a Disney board member saying we have to have a white person do something heroic in the film

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear some of yall be half watching these movies.

In order to win the right to rule your opponent has to either die or submit. T'Challa didn't die and he never submitted so the fight still had to continue.

In the comics T'Challa and Erik once fought for days to decide who would rule Wakanda.

Well.... he technically did die, hit up the ancestral plane... told them fukk that he's coming back and was resurrected. But, nobody don't need to know that.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
As an first generation African American, I could identify with killmonger so well it was like he was speaking to me. Coogler is a GOAT. Him and Michael B are the new Leo and Scorsese:whew:

Sometimes I'll be talking to my Nigerian folk and just get sad and upset about the lack of empathy they have for our African American brothers. The levels this movie went to is so deep you could write a dissertation

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:

Footnotes

1. He was pleasantly surprised they didn't turn Shuri into a bedwench. He said if Shuri would've gone bedwenches he would've walked out and gone to see Jumanji.

2. T'Challa was Barack Obama and Killmonger was Malcom X.

3. He noted that they never showed Black Panther killing any white people. The one time he had a chance to kill one (klaw) he didn't do it because "the world" was watching.

4. WAKANDA was basically the Mali empire. And notes how colonists stole all of their natural resources.

5. Basically Killmonger was the angry black man and T'Challa was the safe negro.

Overall he liked the movie though and recommend everyone go see it.

He made some good points but:bryan: @ T'Challa being Obama

Obama would have had American/European companies owning the Vibranium mines within a week:mjlol:

Ole "what about the struggling white guy in the rust belt" ass ninja

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Some questions/observations after my 3rd viewing

1. That's definitely Erik/N'jobo talking at the beginning. It gives extra meaning to Erik's fairytale quote at the very end.

2. Why don't the Dora know who the Prince is when they show up at his apartment? They obvious know, which is why they're there. So them asking him his name or for proof of his identity doesn't make any sense. Unless his looks had changed considerably as a result of living in America. I think they should have said something to allude to this because on repeated viewings, the whole interrogating him about his identity doesn't make sense.

3. Klaw calls Erik 'boy' several times. I bet Erik couldn't wait to shoot him.

4. Erik's ride or die apologizes just before he shoots her. "Sorry, Erik". What was that about?

5. Erik called Zuri 'Uncle James' right before killing him. This guy probably remembers Zuri as a surrogate father figure who up and disappeared right after his father was murdered. He's probably always suspected his "Uncle James" of being the murderer. It really gives a new weight to the scene where he kills him.

6. M'baku is in the throne room at the end when T'Challa walks in, but I didn't see W'Kabi there. I wonder if W'Kabi is in trouble at the end of the movie? I think he should be.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He made some good points but:bryan: @ T'Challa being Obama

Obama would have had American/European companies owning the Vibranium mines within a week:mjlol:

Ole "what about the struggling white guy in the rust belt" ass ninja
In a way what you just say would make a good plot point in the next movie

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:mjcry: At Killmongers ancestral plain being nothing but a lonely project apartment disconnected from a homeland

When Bilbo came through and took out trained Wakandan pilots, there was audible disgust in the theater :dead:
The show I went to was a sold out mixed crowd, and there was no love for Agent Ross at all.:russ:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02...ector-answers-our-big-infinity-stone-question

As it turns out, the Black Panther movie does not include an Infinity Stone. Given that it’s the last movie before Avengers: Infinity War debuts in May, we theorized that Black Panther would be where we discover the last of the six Infinity Stones, the orange-colored Soul Stone, but that’s not the case.

Here’s what Coogler said when we asked him why Black Panther didn’t feature an Infinity Stone.

“I love the Infinity Stones as much as any comic book fan, it’s just Wakanda already has its thing, which is Vibranium. For us, that was special enough, so to throw in something like another special thing didn’t feel right. It felt like we should stick with our one MacGuffin for the country and explore that, let that be the important thing because, frankly we didn’t need to have another piece like that,” Coogler explained, adding, “[Marvel Studios] never really was interested in putting a stone in there, either.”

So there you go, folks.

Daps
T'challa lost because he was conflicted, deep down he knew killmonger was right and he couldn't fight him with a clear conscience
I agree with this. He also had the advantage in the beginning. He accepted the fight on a guilty conscience. After he loss, he questioned his father and said he'll make it right. At the same time, ppl sleep on how great of a fighter killmonger and the Dora Milaje are. Koye is suppose to be as great of a fighter as T'Challa.

So the concept of black panther is from ancient kemet with the Goddess Bas after Bastet the cat God. In that culture, men and women are equal. Meaning there were female and male kings, female and male warriors so Wakanda is a direct reflection of Kemet.

Even the king of the dead concept was taken from the story of Auser and Heru after Setekh killed his brother Auser and cut his body up into 16 parts, Auset found 15 parts and resurrected him as Heru, her son. He learned from Anubis and became the king of the dead.

Last edited: