Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Without it.

Hopefully they work on that in the next film forward... I expected him to be highly trained in combat like Cap before the Herb... :francis: I was slightly like...:beli: come on son you should have been on your bruce Wayne steeze training from all types of martial arts from all types of masters...So you won't get caught Lacking fam...

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Is this your King? :picard:

Havent seen shyt like that since Bane in the comics :wow:

Killmonger should have just stabbed Tchalla....he really did earn that throne legally. I would have loved to have seen his vision of the world. :yeshrug:

Dont get it twisted Kilmmonger was a more lethal fighter, he spent his entire life MURDERING folks at the highest level. Tchalla was trainned at the highest level too but you could see Killmonger was a KILLER!!!!! Its no match. A killer will always be more lethal than a nobleman......helluva move though at the end.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Killmonger should have just stabbed Tchalla....he really did earn that throne legally. I would have loved to have seen his vision of the world. :yeshrug:

Dont get it twisted Kilmmonger was a more lethal fighter, he spent his entire life MURDERING folks at the highest level. Tchalla was trainned at the highest level too but you could see Killmonger was a KILLER!!!!! Its no match. A killer will always be more lethal than a nobleman......helluva move though at the end.
There were elements of The DK trilogy in there.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

He did stab him tho... :bryan::heh:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I imagine its because he's not used to fighting without it. His style is obviously very reliant on his powers so I guess without it he won't be as effective?
Hopefully they work on that in the next film forward... I expected him to be highly trained in combat like Cap before the Herb... :francis: I was slightly like...:beli: come on son you should have been on your bruce Wayne steeze training from all types of martial arts from all types of masters...So you won't get caught Lacking fam...
If he was an ace without the Herb why would he need it. Also M'baku is extremely strong and skilled. Erik as well and he took advantage of killing T'challa's surrogate father in front of him.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If he was an ace without the Herb why would he need it. Also M'baku is extremely strong and skilled. Erik as well and he took advantage of killing T'challa's surrogate father in front of him.

its tradition, every king who wins by combat gets the herb... If t'challa was nice without the herb the herb would have only ENHANCED his badass much like how the SSS did for cap... The military gave steve highly trained combat fight training Before the serum... I guess like batman is, being prepared without your gadgets and powers when need be...:manny: because you never know...:bryan:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

T'challa lost because he was conflicted, deep down he knew killmonger was right and he couldn't fight him with a clear conscience

Daps
I'm just waiting on some think pieces breaking down parallels between T'Challa and how blacks in America act when they get money. The mentality of knowing the others are struggling and getting oppressed and weighing that with preserving the wealth and health of his own country is easily comparable to rich blacks not wanting to fukk up their own money for their families back using their power and influence to help raise up the poor blacks.

Made me think of the black elite not accepting the Obamas because they're new money. It's like, there is no further accomplishment on a career level than being president.

:skip:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T'Challa's plot shield wouldn't let that happen. A realistic Killmonger would have slit T'Challa's throat infront of his people to send a message.
I don’t know if he would have. I think the Killmonger was smarter than we think. He wanted that symbolism of literally overthrowing the king to resonate with the people.