Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:russ:I keep thinking this too. It's almost a show about nothing. Like, it's got a general overarching theme but from episode to episode, it's just four ppl living life in whatever circumstances they're in.

And that is the genius of the show. Its what Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David realized all those years ago. A show about nothing but random life WORKS. Use themes that people identify with, and make the show essentially about what most people's lives unfortunately wind up amounting to: nothing.

Exactly, an episode about getting his cousin out the house and an alligator

a whole episode about a haircut and we can all relate to someone we know, that does a good job but you gotta go through hella shyt because of that

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Show still pretentious. :unimpressed:
For no reason. It makes it hard to watch. Been like that since the first season. The Florida Man episode, Barber episode and the Benny episode were high points of the series and I can’t see anything this season coming close. Tracy and Darius have been the best characters.

Donald Glover’s entire run as a creative will always feel “Emperor has no clothes” to me.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
vanessa would be chillin eating beans on toast

worthless ass bytch :scust:

:mjlol:

She’s the only one whose value has gone down during this time. Paper Boy and Earn leveled up, Darius is proving to be an elite weed carrier while Van is jobless and about to be Homeless (based on Earn’s offer)

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh got CAC culture vultures asking him for advice and money on random projects. 3 years ago no one was taking him seriously
Man had waiters at Applebees calling him a bytch in his face and couldn't use $100 bills at the movies.
Cats want every show to be Breaking Bad
Even in the Breaking Bad threads cats would say episodes went out shyt blowing up or shootouts were filler.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Some of y'all taking a show with a white Justin Bieber and an invisible car way too serious. The writing is elite. The comedy is top tier and the social commentary is fantastic, but its also a mind fukk. Enjoy ut for what it is. When its over you'll wish it had a longer run...

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
All three episodes have been good. But the way some of y’all act like this show is super deep fine art is quite hilarious.

I feel the same way. I’m going to keep it a 100 and then I’m out of this thread, and I’ll watch the rest of the season after all the episodes air. I know this is a really beloved show on here. I can respect that. For me, this show is not deep at all. I mean, it’s not James Baldwin, Martin Delaney or some shyt. People say it’s pretentious, but I think this show in its current iteration just really struggles with who its intended audience is. The black characters are on some arrested development shyt. Moreover, the social commentary isn’t earth shattering nor is the show funny (it is 2-3 per episodes for me).

The type of non-black person that would even watch this show and be interested in developing or cultivating a more nuanced perspective towards race — or be “changed” by it — are also characterized as hollow entities devoid of any real connection to the source of racism, and perpetrators of a cursory understanding of racial dynamics. So, what’s the point? It’s a damned if you do… damned if you don’t proposition. Additionally, all this from a black man that eloped with an Asian woman. Now, you can marry who you want. You can procreate with who you want, but I guarantee that Donald’s view of his wife does not align with the aforementioned: to him his wife “gets it.” Otherwise, he’s an unabashed c00n, which I don’t believe he is. Donald doesn’t even believe this shyt. Thus, who the hell is this show supposed to be for? For full disclosure, the show may not be deep to me because of a variety of personal reasons I cannot fully account for now, but even excluding that I think my other critiques are fair. I think this show is just okay now and not some ethereal critique of modernity.

Anyways, y’all enjoy. :yeshrug: