Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Wtf was that finale with Van and that weird post credits :what:

Wasn't that the white dude who offed himself at the pool in the picture?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Just for the record ya’ll can keep that weak ass Dave bullshyt

They are nothing alike…Dave is based around the main character being shytty and never facing consequences due to white privilege. Atlanta was based around the absurdity/reality of being black in Atlanta/the world.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just finished a re-watch of the entire series. Season 3 will be more appreciated after people rewatch. It was necessary. I understand why Donald did it. Wasn't he a musician in real life? There was a lot of growth and introspective events happening with each character.

This is not season2 of the wire by any means.
What is this supposed to mean…?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
S2 of the wire was good; but s3 of Atlanta was leaps n bounds ahead of that.

mad-disappointed.gif

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Word....i don't see how S3 of Atlanta isn't essential to the plot/characters :manny:
I didn't say it isn't, Just saying it's not as essential as season 2 of the wire was to the show in retrospect

I absolutely hated that shyt in real time. Thought it was too many white people, boring, etc.

Upon rewatch and seeing everything from the Ports, To eastside operations, The Greek, Sergey, Cheese, Brother Mouzone with full knowledge and how everything tied in at the end was amazing.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I didn't say it isn't, Just saying it's not as essential as season 2 of the wire was to the show in retrospect

I absolutely hated that shyt in real time. Thought it was too many white people, boring, etc.

Upon rewatch and seeing everything from the Ports, To eastside operations, The Greek, Sergey, Cheese, Brother Mouzone with full knowledge and how everything tied in at the end was amazing.

The wire was like an onion. I'd be surprised if most people even tied everything together.

I think both seasons of each show were critical.

2 epic shows.

I think there was so much going on a LOT went over most people's heads.

but thats what great writing should do :wow: