Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Episode was coo wasn’t really that deep

how a white man accepts the deeds some of his ancestors did, how it effects us today, and committing suicide at the thought of living our lives isn’t deep?

making fun of the idea reparations are gonna really change the every day white person’s life? Because that’s the only logical reason why people would against black people getting our due? Which isn’t going to be anything astronomical.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how a white man accepts the deeds some of his ancestors did, how it effects us today, and committing suicide at the thought of living our lives isn’t deep?

making fun of the idea reparations are gonna really change the every day white person’s life? Because that’s the only logical reason why people would against black people getting our due? Which isn’t going to be anything astronomical.

shyt was corny. Not every white dude who had slaveowner ancestors grew up with a trust fund. shyt was just mind-bogglingly dumb to me. Atlanta typically was pushing the button and saying something interesting, but this episode was pandering bullshyt. Shaniqua was just like my 6th grade science teacher. This episode had me furious.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
I’m up in the hospital staying with my wife overnight, she just had a a 5 hour surgery yesterday. I had a white male nurse in here and he checking vitals and putting medicine in her IV. We were watching this and he looked super uncomfortable seeing what was on the tv. It was the scene where the white guy from the boat was explaining slavery. and he came in earlier and she was knocking on his door about the 3 million dollars.

What is he suppose to say? This is great?

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
This is one of the episodes that I understood but wasn't feeling.

I'm getting to the point where I watch the show just to say I watched it. Its becoming like Insecure, where character development happens off screen and the show only let us see what happens in-between.

I've waited four years only to see the characters be in 2 episodes out of four.
Yeah, I agree. It was an interesting concept but I’d of much rather seen the gang interact with each other and do something together for 35 minutes than this. Especially considering we’ve waited so long and this is the last season. Just feels like time wasted :yeshrug:

and then they left the backdrop of the city of Atlanta to go to Europe which already is taking a lot away from the show imo

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Yeah, I agree. It was an interesting concept but I’d of much rather seen the gang interact with each other and do something together for 35 minutes than this. Especially considering we’ve waited so long and this is the last season. Just feels like time wasted :yeshrug:
There’s another season coming out in the fall which will be the last.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
This is like the first episode of the Season, I just feel like Donald Glover should make an anthology show about these types of themes sort of like Black Mirror or The Premise on Hulu. That would be awesome.

He wouldn't even have to do the acting and all the writing, he could play an executive producer type of role.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
shyt was corny. Not every white dude who had slaveowner ancestors grew up with a trust fund. shyt was just mind-bogglingly dumb to me. Atlanta typically was pushing the button and saying something interesting, but this episode was pandering bullshyt. Shaniqua was just like my 6th grade science teacher. This episode had me furious.
I kinda agree with this. Not that I have much sympathy for Marshall, but being able to demand reparations from non wealthy whites just seems to miss the point. The government would be the one giving reparations, not white people who drive Toyota Prius.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt was corny. Not every white dude who had slaveowner ancestors grew up with a trust fund.
no shyt.... that's literally what they were depicting in the episode. what about that episode made you think the cac they were showing had a trust fund? he was working a 9-5 in a cubicle and shyt.

did you even watch or did you just get mad for no reason? :mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This season so far has been pretty good. I noticed in Season 2 they werent really following a story telling format that we are nostly used to.

I wanna see how Glover ties all this together and I do admit, I wanna see them in Atlanta and see what character arcs begin and end. We got 7 or 6 episodes left correct?
not sure if they will go back to Atlanta this season, but they already shot season 4 and they will by then.