Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt was corny. Not every white dude who had slaveowner ancestors grew up with a trust fund. shyt was just mind-bogglingly dumb to me. Atlanta typically was pushing the button and saying something interesting, but this episode was pandering bullshyt. Shaniqua was just like my 6th grade science teacher. This episode had me furious.

This dude clearly do not understand systemic racism and generational wealth whites have versus the generational trauma bestowed at Black people as the consequence. His white privilege and bloodline was what at play.

Then again you might be white, surely you cannot be black or you are behaving like an Uncle Tom. There's shouldn't be no reason to be FURIOUS over a dream sequenced episode about the OPPRESSORS of this land OWING and forced to pay back the OPPRESSED with interests. You had the audacity of calling reparations "pandering".

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda agree with this. Not that I have much sympathy for Marshall, but being able to demand reparations from non wealthy whites just seems to miss the point. The government would be the one giving reparations, not white people who drive Toyota Prius.

You weren't supposed to feel any sympathy for Marshall. The point of Marshall is that every privileged white person living in the United States are CULPERABLE. It's not even about their wealth status. If you thought that you missed the point of how and why slavery affects black people today and how these white people to THIS DAY takes advantage of this privilege even when they claim they aren't "racist" as Marshall kept claiming. He OWE. They ALL OWE. The average white citizen who are the American Descendants Owning Slavery (white ADOS), have a blood lineage on their hands. It's a debt they owe.

If a descendant of slaves are owed reparations, then that descendant of the slaveowner should pay.

Lastly, it was shown that the government has a restitution tax. Meaning that the government are participating in giving back reparations. But if you understand how the government is going to give back, you have to understand it through taxes, so again the people who are going to pay the taxes for reparations are.... the descendants of slaveowners. I don't see how that's NOT fair. I wish that to be the reality we live in right now.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode was wack. White man crying about reparations. You don’t need to watch a 30 minute show to know cacs will be salty af if it happened. shyt is borderline pandering especially given glover is c00n

Pandering to who? And how Donald Glover a KOON because of it? The only one spewing anti-blackness is you. This episode is a TREAT seeing how these devils weep and kill themselves because of what's coming to them.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pandering to who? And how Donald Glover a KOON because of it? The only one spewing anti-blackness is you. This episode is a TREAT seeing how these devils weep and kill themselves because of what's coming to them.
Glover being a c00n has nothing to do with the show. It’s a black based show so pandering to black people. White people being salty about reparations and white people looking for loopholes to avoid paying it is common sense. So is white people only being non racist until it effects them And unless black people take over the country nothing is coming to these cacs. If and a big IF reparations get paid it will be money created out of thin air from the government. Show is trying way too hard to be deep. Seems like cast is too busy so we get these filler episodes.

Last edited: