[Official] Apple iPhone X:OUT NOW!

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I’ve been reading about how the Qualcomm modems are faster than the intel ones but the Qualcomm modems are only in the Verizon and sprint version of the iPhone X. If I have a ATT can I go to the Apple store and buy a Verizon version of the iPhone or are they locked?

I read a week or so ago that you can now get Verizon phones with out a Verizon account at the Apple store. All phones from Apple are unlocked and all Verizon’s phones are unlocked anyway so your good to go on that front.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Floss was complaining about the price for both, and they all are absolutely right. The prices are too goddamn high. No way is the X worth this price, but if you ask me which model is the best iPhone, X checks the most boxes.

My initial plan was upgrading in one year to the new X Plus, but I’m closely monitoring the state of Jailbreaking. It’s looking kinda bleak, and this might lead me to the Note 9 or a HTC version Pixel 3.
The iPhone X exist as a pure luxury item. It's conspicuous consumption. I pull my phone out to use Apple Pay and the cashiers instantly ask me about it. From a tech standpoint within a couple weeks I'd grown immune to the supposed upgrades this phone offers. It's great when you first get it but the ultimate conclusion is this is just another iPhone. Another phone running iOS 11 with a few different ways to interact with it by using gestures instead of a home button and using FaceID instead of TouchID. It really doesn't offer much that the iPhone 8 doesn't have. Almost nothing meaningful for sure.

I don't recommend anybody buy this but ultimately people will buy it for the same reasons I did. They can afford it and it's a new tech product so they have to have it. If anything the Note8 is more worthy of costing close to $1000 because it does more. It's in another product class than the X. the X is just another smartphone. The Note8 is a productivity tool. I fill out work documents on it and email them to my boss without needing to use actual paper.

Honestly though no phone is worth $1000 not even the Note. I'm glad there's a sector of the market pushing down prices like One Plus because the market needs it.

I'm done with Apple's rat race for the foreseeable future. I went from a 6 to a 6S to a 7 and now an X and honestly outside the extra ram I got with the 6S and the water resistance with the 7 I really have gained no meaningful features through those upgrades. Day to day I'm still doing the same stuff on the X I was on the 6 and if it does it much better I barely notice. I've wasted a lot of money buying devices that pretty much do what the ones I already had did. The battery life isn't even really improving anymore.

I think I'll treat these things like my iPad Air 2 which I'm still rocking. I got it back in 2014 and it's 2017 and it still does everything I need it to do and I've never seriously looked at replacing it.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The iPhone X exist as a pure luxury item. It's conspicuous consumption. I pull my phone out to use Apple Pay and the cashiers instantly ask me about it. From a tech standpoint within a couple weeks I'd grown immune to the supposed upgrades this phone offers. It's great when you first get it but the ultimate conclusion is this is just another iPhone. Another phone running iOS 11 with a few different ways to interact with it by using gestures instead of a home button and using FaceID instead of TouchID. It really doesn't offer much that the iPhone 8 doesn't have. Almost nothing meaningful for sure.

I don't recommend anybody buy this but ultimately people will buy it for the same reasons I did. They can afford it and it's a new tech product so they have to have it. If anything the Note8 is more worthy of costing close to $1000 because it does more. It's in another product class than the X. the X is just another smartphone. The Note8 is a productivity tool. I fill out work documents on it and email them to my boss without needing to use actual paper.

Honestly though no phone is worth $1000 not even the Note. I'm glad there's a sector of the market pushing down prices like One Plus because the market needs it.

I'm done with Apple's rat race for the foreseeable future. I went from a 6 to a 6S to a 7 and now an X and honestly outside the extra ram I got with the 6S and the water resistance with the 7 I really have gained no meaningful features through those upgrades. Day to day I'm still doing the same stuff on the X I was on the 6 and if it does it much better I barely notice. I've wasted a lot of money buying devices that pretty much do what the ones I already had did. The battery life isn't even really improving anymore.

I think I'll treat these things like my iPad Air 2 which I'm still rocking. I got it back in 2014 and it's 2017 and it still does everything I need it to do and I've never seriously looked at replacing it.
You waste way too much money on phones breh. You should have rocked a 6S, and used the $3000 you spent buying the 7, 8, and X and used that money to take a vacation to Rio for a week so a broad like

071e04388f9b1f384b66db4820b50302.jpg

Could have popped your cherry.

fukk wasting all ya money on tech. Take a trip breh.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

what case are you using with the iphone x?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

you're forgetting the main point of the X.... the size

a lot of people hate the small regular phones, so they went plus... but the plus is a fukking monster. so they give you a comparable screen size, but take away the inch for the home button and the inch for the earpiece, and give you a big screen, with a small phone

now saying that... and i don't use my phone for this... but the X is also a better camera and better screen. yes there are fools out here watching 4k tv and movies on their iphone.. who knows why, but they are doing it. not saying it's worth 1000.. but the 8 plus wasn't $500 either. not like some huge leap in price to upgrade from that. now if you already had a 7s plus and you didn't care about the size, then yea you got fukked

but getting rid of my 6s plus for an x was a godsend. i was gonna upgrade to SOMETHING.. might as well get the smaller phone with more space

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you're forgetting the main point of the X.... the size

a lot of people hate the small regular phones, so they went plus... but the plus is a fukking monster. so they give you a comparable screen size, but take away the inch for the home button and the inch for the earpiece, and give you a big screen, with a small phone

now saying that... and i don't use my phone for this... but the X is also a better camera and better screen. yes there are fools out here watching 4k tv and movies on their iphone.. who knows why, but they are doing it. not saying it's worth 1000.. but the 8 plus wasn't $500 either. not like some huge leap in price to upgrade from that. now if you already had a 7s plus and you didn't care about the size, then yea you got fukked

but getting rid of my 6s plus for an x was a godsend. i was gonna upgrade to SOMETHING.. might as well get the smaller phone with more space
Yup. The main reason I got the X was the size. Plus is way too big for me can’t even use one handed

I came from a regular 6s too

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I could never see actually wanting to go back to TouchID. FaceID is basically like your phone knowing who you are and unlocking without you having to do anything.

TouchID is dead and honestly I don't mourn it's loss at all. Next year none of the phones are gonna have TouchID anyway because they plan to use this form factor for all iPhones.

Yep let's pretend that you don't have to angle the phone for FaceID to unlock.

This is some next level, @PS4 @MeachTheMonster stannery post that should qualify you to be ban from this thread. Your opinion really don't matter further on.

Fixed
TouchID is basically like your phone knowing who you are and unlocking without you having to do anything except for touching the sensor as you pick up the phone, so it'll be unlock and ready before you know it. You don't have to awkwardly angle it then swipe up.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This is some next level, @PS4 @MeachTheMonster stannery post that should qualify you to be ban from this thread. Your opinion really don't matter further on.

Fixed
TouchID is basically like your phone knowing who you are and unlocking without you having to do anything except for touching the sensor as you pick up the phone, so it'll be unlock and ready before you know it. You don't have to awkwardly angle it then swipe up.
one underratted feature about face id is you tap on the phone to see notifactions. on touch id sometimes i just wanna see notifcations on the lock screen its so fast it unlocks the phone....i just wanna see who text me or instagram alerts or facebook alerts you know what im saying?

touch id > face id though. i've typed in my passcode more in a week than i have in the last 4 years. not even exxagerating

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
one underratted feature about face id is you tap on the phone to see notifactions. on touch id sometimes i just wanna see notifcations on the lock screen its so fast it unlocks the phone....i just wanna see who text me or instagram alerts or facebook alerts you know what im saying?

touch id > face id though. i've typed in my passcode more in a week than i have in the last 4 years. not even exxagerating

Same.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Fixed
So you named dropped me and meach to ultimately say that?

Tell me sir, if I'm representative of that then why would my sweet name even be on your mind to make it into your post :jbhmm:Some might argue my opinion is valued too much. nikka can't even make a joke anymore without tears being shed. Carry on...