[Official] Apple announces streaming event for October 18, 2021. 10am PDT/ 1 pm EST

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Regarding the notch. Unless I am mistaken it is in addition to the normal 16:10 area and moves the menu bar upwards giving even more usable space. The bytching and moaning about the notch is absurd.
Yep, especially by people who wouldn’t get it anyway. After I saw how it was implemented in iOS, it’s not a big deal. You get more screen real estate in a smaller form factor because you eliminate the huge bezels. Obviously no notch with no bezels is the preference, but the notch is not a major deal, at least for me.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yep, especially by people who wouldn’t get it anyway. After I saw how it was implemented in iOS, it’s not a big deal. You get more screen real estate in a smaller form factor because you eliminate the huge bezels. Obviously no notch with no bezels is the preference, but the notch is not a major deal, at least for me.
Yeah plus I knew that notch was going to be on the MacBooks eventually
I just call it a widows peak now

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I hope it’s ok with 16 :lupe:

16GB should be fine. I briefly had an M1 MacBook Pro with 16GB of memory earlier this year and Xcode actually seemed to run better up there than it did on my work laptop with an Intel Core i9 and 64GB of RAM. My work laptop then and now (Core i9 with 32GB of RAM) would regularly beachball whenever I have to run a build in Xcode, which is pretty often:unimpressed:

Apple Silicon Macs in general seem to be a lot better about keeping the system responsive even if you're doing something resource intensive. I'm planning to dabble in other "pro" workflows besides software development, so I figured the extra memory would be helpful.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Best Buy has 36months interest but they don’t carry any of the 32gb ram M1 Pro models.

Decisions Decisions ….

best buy won't have too many configurations when it comes to MBP's, so unless ur getting the base model, ur likely not to find the specs ur looking for.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
The new 14 inch is so tempting, but I just got a new 13 inch Macbook pro in the last year, after replacing my 2015 joint that was falling apart. I'll try to hold out for the whatever is coming in the next 2-3 years. But this basically what I was hoping to get when the M1's came out.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Finding it slightly difficult not to order the 14 with a M1 pro..
But this M1 air is really nice and is very portable.
I’ll wait for a year or two more and sell it, probably