Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Carné Asada;2771374 said:
:ohhh:

:snoop: You seriously have no fukken clue.

OK then why don't u tell us the answer then. Enlighten me. All u have to say is u have no clue for 5 pages. Sit down ya ass down. I use every android device. This is my experience. U telling me using a SD card is better than having one storage area on your device. No wonder OEM continue to screw up the android experience

Sent from my Nexus 4

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK then why don't u tell us the answer then. Enlighten me. All u have to say is u have no clue for 5 pages. Sit down ya ass down. I use every android device. This is my experience. U telling me using a SD card is better than having one storage area on your device. No wonder OEM continue to screw up the android experience

Sent from my Nexus 4

:umad:

You've been in 1; I've been in it 5.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exclusive: New HTC M7 details emerge – all black design with a “simple and clean” UI

htc-black.jpg

HTC always find a way to screw up. On screen button or bust. Whast the point of this M7 anyways

According to a source inside HTC that spoke with HTC Source, we now know quite a bit about the M7, although we still don’t have any leaked images. Apparently, the M7 may feature Sense 5.0, but it is a very “simple and clean” redesigned interface. Could this be the change that HTC has needed so desperately?

On top of that, the source states that there is no aluminum uni-body deign, but it will be more like the DROID DNA - all black with the smooth poly backside. The device will come running Android 4.1.2, but could see an update before release. The next piece of info, which is sort of a downer for some, is that the phone will not have on-screen navigation buttons.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google TV Announcements Coming Next Week at CES from ASUS, LG, and Sony

google-tv-logo-650x505.jpeg

Today, Google has announced through their official Google TV blog that we have lots to look forward to next week at CES. According to the post, we will be seeing the future of the platform, as it will be presented through new hardware from various partners such as ASUS, Sony, LG, Vizio, and more.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The HTC One SV comes to the U.S. on Cricket Wireless on Jan. 16 for $349

The bad news? It's running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and not the newer Jelly Bean.

But this being a Cricket phone, the real winner is in the data plans. For $70 a month you can get 10GB of 4G LTE data. Fork over $60 a month for 5GB, and $50 gets you 2GB.

We've got the full presser, including 3G data plan info, and more pics after the break.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google’s rumored ‘X Phone’ could be an ‘attack on Samsung’

If Samsung (005930) really does plan to move away from Android, then it makes sense for Google (GOOG) to move Android away from Samsung. Over at Unwired View, Brian S. Hall writes that the “X Phone” that Google and Motorola are reportedly working on is much more of a shot across Samsung’s bow than the iPhone’s. Hall reasons that Google’s intention to create a phone with Motorola signals that the company wants to exert more direct influence over its Nexus smartphone brand since Google would have “complete control over the development, distribution and marketing” of any device produced with a company that it owns.

Google’s reasons for wanting to produce its own in-house Android phone with Motorola also boil down to the bottom line. As Hall writes, Samsung is currently the only major vendor that’s making a significant profit off selling Android devices. And Google, for its part, is tired of sinking money into both Motorola and Android without seeing any major returns on the horizon; in other words, the only way for the company to make a profit off both Android and Motorola may be to combine the two and create a unique smartphone that directly fits the company’s vision for the future of mobile.

“Samsung has simply become too powerful within the Android ecosystem,” writes Hall. “What if Samsung were to ‘fork’ Android? What if they were to cut a global deal with Microsoft, say, and make Bing and Bing Maps the defaults? This is not far-fetched.”

While switching to Bing would prove to be a questionable business decision, it would also significantly hurt Google, which makes money from having devices use its advertising-supported services and not from selling Android phones. If Google thinks that Samsung is a risk to “go rogue” then it certainly makes sense for the company to preemptively create its own top-notch smartphone without worrying about third-party manufacturers screwing up marketing and distribution.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I finally have some time to explore the SD Card thing

GS3 SD card frying

GS3 destroying SD cards? - Page 4 - xda-developers

SD card format issues

SD card problem with the S3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

SD not mounting issue
GS3 microSD card not mounting - Android Forums

I just fried my second transcend 32gb sd in just about a month. is there a problem with galaxy tab 2 with 32gb sd cards?

SD card fried.... - Samsung

Micro SD card problem after Jelly Bean Update

Micro SD card problem after Jelly Bean Update

sd card issues
This is a discussion on sd card issues within the Droid RAZR HD forums,
sd card issues

sd card issues

Fix SD Card Problems After ROM Flash on HTC Sensation XL

Posted September 7, 2012 at 2:00 am by Haroon Q. Raja
Fix SD Card Problems After ROM Flash on HTC Sensation XL

Have you recently installed a new ROM on your HTC Sensation XL and found yourself pulling your hair out upon finding your SD card storage space all but lost? Don’t rush out to buy a new SD card in despair, and stop lamenting at the loss of your data. Your data and your space is still there.

Now, there’s a solution to get it back, thanks to XDA Senior Member [vertigo]. This problem has unfortunately common after installing ROMs on the Sensation XL. As it turns out, it’s due to flashing a ROM that’s not meant for the hboot version of your phone.

The solution is really simple, and can be done multiple ways, all of which are described in detail at the forum thread. So just head over to it and reclaim your lost SD card space the XDA way.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is why SD cards has to go. Been saying it for a while USB otg >>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxGpcP5IVEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sent from my Nexus 4

SD Cards have to go because you can buy a cord that allows you to add storage via USB?

:what:

If you have a 64GB SD Card, can't you just put the shyt on the card and not worry about hooking anything up to begin with? That cable is dope for hooking up a big ass external harddrive, but nobody trying to bring that with them everywhere they go. And a lot of externals need power running to them to even turn on.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Android update 4.08.605.2 and the SD Card
I have been having problems with my DINC since the software upgrade this summer. I thought I had it fixed by September, but I was wrong. The phone would freeze up and I had to pull the battery to get it to restart. The phone also decided to do its own factory reset twice during this period, which led to me reinstalling apps.

I suspected the problem was the interaction between the software upgrade and the SD card, so after doing some reading of online forums, I did the following:

1. Moved what I could from the SD card to the phone's main memory.

2. Pulled the SD card.

3. Did my own factory reset.

4. Left my SD card in a drawer in my desk.

Since I did that a month ago, I have had no problems at all. None. No freeze ups, factory resets, etc. The phone seems to be working faster, too.

So, I am going to continue indefinitely with my Incredible with no SD card.

Does anyone know why this solution works?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
SD Cards have to go because you can buy a cord that allows you to add storage via USB?

:what:

If you have a 64GB SD Card, can't you just put the shyt on the card and not worry about hooking anything up to begin with? That cable is dope for hooking up a big ass external harddrive, but nobody trying to bring that with them everywhere they go. And a lot of externals need power running to them to even turn on.

There is a big difference between the 2. USB OTG is way more secure. Why?? because you have to remove it from your device. Secondly its plug and find the file. SD card has a specific location assigned. Plus it causes all kind of issue like the android engineer pointed out...just read the sd card issues that i posted from a single search on google. Sd card affects the overall user experience on android. You transfer a file to the sd card, you push apps to the sd card, etc....then you cant later find it on the device. MTP /airdroid make life much easier. Plus you have to mount the device to transfer files.

Up until now Android didn't have a concept of multiple users. Think back to Windows 98 that had a single My Documents directory and proper multiuser support only arriving with Windows 2000 and its Documents and Settings folder. I could draw so many parallels here.

The key point remains that unlike the migration path between Windows 98 to 2000 and having an internal hard drive vs an easily removable SD card, there is a certain expectation Android users have - seamless OTA updates and backwards compatibility. The /sdcard partition and paths on it have been mistreated so much in the past few years (just look at your card and see how many apps don't store data according to guidelines). If Google were to resolve the path issue and repartition the card upon upgrade to something like /sdcard/user1, /sdcard/user2, etc, it would suddenly become incompatible with other devices. Plus there's still no proper permission support.

Robert Mahon: Another thought about this sd-card stuff, might it have caused issues with the multi-user side of things in 4.2? Most apps aren't following guidelines on where to save their data, so it gets sprayed willynilly on the SD-Card. Now there's more than one person using the system, and possibly overwriting that data/corruption, I can see why Nexus devices, to stop this being a problem before it starts (or at least reducing it to less apps) is not using the sd-cards.

Stewart Gateley: With each user having their own apps and data, SD card makes even more sense. Keep the profiles local while storing large media files on ext storage. Either external files can be shared with all users, or set file permissions. No need to partition space out for each user or something. For a multi-user HD media consumption device, the Nexus 10 is seriously lacking storage. But I thought we were talking about the 4 here.

Dianne Hackborn:

+Robert Mahon This is certainly an issue, we aren't supporting multi-user with the old school FAT partition for external storage (whether that is on an SD card like the original G1 or a separate internal partition like the Nexus S).

+Stewart Gateley SD cards must be formatted with FAT (to inter-operate with desktop computers), which doesn't support file permissions. Not to mention that all you are going to end up with is a mess if you try to set file system permissions (based on uids) on an SD card and then move that to another device.

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Rbk is a fukking idiot. Making whole essays to justify purchasing his n4. Yeah its a good device but don't try to deter others from buying what they want. SMH. Put him on my ignore list. He posts old chit anyways.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2