aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
You think CM is a real process of getting a phone updated. CM is a back door way of updating your phone. Real software engineer work on those updates. CM just port their codes over to the devices. Lack of Updates can be traced back to the SD card system and OEM butchering the file system

Sent from my Nexus 4

:smugbiden: my nikka rbk dropping that knowledge

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
You think CM is a real process of getting a phone updated. CM is a back door way of updating your phone. Real software engineer work on those updates. CM just port their codes over to the devices. Lack of Updates can be traced back to the SD card system and OEM butchering the file system

Sent from my Nexus 4

Its the same shyt. They incorporate the code. I forgot you know it all tho. I been hacking android since the g1/cupcake dropped

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Its the same shyt. They incorporate the code. I forgot you know it all tho. I been hacking android since the g1/cupcake dropped

Cm devs mostly dev for a living in other, and sometimes related, industries. Some of these guys can write drivers from scratch, which is mindblowing if you know anything about the knowledge and experience required to do that.

And that's where the real work is put in. Once the drivers are written/ported anyone that can compile aosp can build for a device.

Rbk on his troll steeze early this year.

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Cm devs mostly dev for a living in other, and sometimes related, industries. Some of these guys can write drivers from scratch, which is mindblowing if you know anything about the knowledge and experience required to do that.

And that's where the real work is put in. Once the drivers are written/ported anyone that can compile aosp can build for a device.

Rbk on his troll steeze early this year.

Exactly.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
First, do you care about Google making any money?? That's the issue at hand. Google makes 0$ from android. They are being killed by the media by not finding a way to monetize android. Google makes money off content in the play store. They sell unlock cheap devices. I can live with 16 gb. Y'all keep talking about unlimited data. U still gave 16 GB of storage on the phone wtf. Cloud is a back up of your files. I have 10 albums on my phone storage and a few videos. Everything else like my iTunes library is in the cloud. My documents like my resume is in Google drive. My pics are on drop box and instant upload. Again Google is going cloud to Monetize. Look at all the Google services u use for free and y'all complaining about storage space ?? U don't want to buy a 199$ tablet. The issue is Google is selling it. This is why android will never be as popular as apple because of the piracy way of thinking and not android as a legit platform.

Sent from my Nexus 4
:salute:
I'm rockin with you my nikka. They don't wanna hear the truth, especially coming from you

cmsmooth

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
new to the forums, just picked up a verizon note 2, loving it to death! anyone know how to get double twist to recognize my phone?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
new to the forums, just picked up a verizon note 2, loving it to death! anyone know how to get double twist to recognize my phone?

I used to mess with DT heavy but i threw it in the bushes for that reason. It's buggy and constantly crashes. Best bet is to re-install it all over again on your pc and tab/phone. The way it should work is you click on your email addy in the left section and it is supposed to let you input the password but shyt is janky breh.

Ive been using spotify for my music with google play but now im using music unlimited w/google play they will give you most of the same funtionality and you won't have most of the issues youve been having.

I take it you are saving your music onto your sd card with DT? You better watch out i heard people are stealing sd cards and leaving the phone.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I used to mess with DT heavy but i threw it in the bushes for that reason. It's buggy and constantly crashes. Best bet is to re-install it all over again on your pc and tab/phone. The way it should work is you click on your email addy in the left section and it is supposed to let you input the password but shyt is janky breh.

Ive been using spotify for my music with google play but now im using music unlimited w/google play they will give you most of the same funtionality and you won't have most of the issues youve been having.

I take it you are saving your music onto your sd card with DT? You better watch out i heard people are stealing sd cards and leaving the phone.

I didn't say steal the SD card only. I said they would have both

Sent from my Nexus 4

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
A few things that I noticed about some users in this thread and that is the lack of foresight/ knowledge. Y'all claim that I have no idea what I'm talking about even when I sight my sources which are usually android engineers. Its facts vs opinion. It went from Google nexus 4 is a failure. I have been saying from day 1 that the nexus line can't become competitive because OEM controls it. Motorola is what Google should be focused on because you know they dropped 12 billion for it. So if Google bought moto and its not making them any money at the moment and they make zero dollars from the nexus line. Do y'all stop and think then how the hell is Google ever going to make money off android?! I know how they how they planned to make money because I listen to Larry page conference call when Google showed their 3rd quarter earning and then their stock went from 740$ to 650$. Android engineers are helping Google to figure out a way to monetize android without being intrusive. Apple makes all their money off iOS by selling apps, devices, music and other content. If the iPhone had a SD card then nobody would use iTunes would they? Apple have made a platform where development is the main propriety. Google wants to get to that level. The nexus line is meant to troubleshoot the future of android. Since the nexus 7 debuted the play store have generated more revenue then than the app store and devs are starting to take android seriously. The image of android has shifted from a geeky platform to a consumer friendly one. The old handsets that android OEM created were very inconsistent due to things like SD cards and RAM size. Now that SD cards are no longer a part of android. The music industry and content providers feel comfortable signing agreements to bring their content to android. 2012 was the first year that android took over because of product consistency. Google market strategy is to monetize android in some shape and fashion because they haven't made their money back yet. Android is googles future along with google+ aka all of googles service. Mobile is the future of these company. Google havent fully figured out how to monetize on mobile. No one has so far. Flash ads won't work. The cloud is the future and that's how Google plan to monetize. Limit storage space so users will eventually buy more. Since they don't make money on hardware a 64gb model does them no good. After 32 GB we know its all pirated material. Google took the nexus off carrier to gain control back of android. They are trying to cure the software update issue by letting carriers know that android is a serious competitor to ios. Android is becoming more like iOS go figure apple makes a fortune off the iOS platform. Google paid their dues they want to make their money back. No SD card = Google strategy to drive up their revenue. If you are OK where android is at then by all means keep buying Samsung products and not the nexus. I mean Google can just put ads all over your devices to make their money back. Amazon kindle fire did it. They are selling a tablet for $199 and a phone for 299$ unlock in the US. If you don't see what they are doing then you're blind. They did it to screw over the major carriers and to put the nexus in more developers hand. Google wallet was that important to them for them to give Verizon and sprint the middle finger. Mobile payments is the future. When they finally merge all their services into one and start to make money off android then android will show its full potential. It will be a seamless experience. The Nexus 4 is what android phones of the future is suppose to resemble. No more square shape edges, no more plastic, etc....doesn't have to be a glass back but design is what Google want OEM to focus on in 2013. Hardware is a given. Software is the same. Design is what will push android over the edge. Nexus 4 is a success because it brought a lot of attention to the nexus phone for the first time. LG is having a hard time keeping up with demand.

Sent from my Nexus 4

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup: stop repeating IDEAS you here guys from google post on google + and learn to put things in your own words , you dont come off as any expert in here , and a google plus post is about as legit a source as a facebook post

Limit storage space so users will eventually buy more.

:smugfarve: yea cause this totally sounds like something google would push for

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
:ufdup: stop repeating IDEAS you here guys from google post on google + and learn to put things in your own words , you dont come off as any expert in here , and a google plus post is about as legit a source as a facebook post

:smugfarve: yea cause this totally sounds like something google would push for

How many times shall I say that I think like Google because I have a business degree. I work in a tech environment and one of my job is to figure out ways to make the company money and reduce cost. This is what I do every day while working on a Test line. So no I don't think like a regular consumer. I have been following Google since inside the mind of Google debuted on CNBC and saw they showcasing android in 2009. I did a case study on Google for a term paper. SWOT is what I look at when I read the blog articles. SWOT is strength weakness opportunity and threat. So don't tell me I just repeat what I read. I see the point that those engineers are making. No SD card is a great move, just like no LTE on the nexus 4 before the hack.

Sent from my Nexus 4

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How many times shall I say that I think like Google because I have a business degree. I work in a tech environment and one of my job is to figure out ways to make the company money and reduce cost. This is what I do every day while working on a Test line. So no I don't think like a regular consumer. I have been following Google since inside the mind of Google debuted on CNBC and saw they showcasing android in 2009. I did a case study on Google for a term paper. SWOT is what I look at when I read the blog articles. SWOT is strength weakness opportunity and threat. So don't tell me I just repeat what I read. I see the point that those engineers are making. No SD card is a great move, just like no LTE on the nexus 4 before the hack.

Sent from my Nexus 4

:clap: i have a business/marketing degree too

:clap: i have been following google/using there products since they were only a search bar, was one of the first that beta tested gmail, chrome OS , the cr48 and a bunch of other products months before the public got them

:clap: was the first one to put dudes up on android mobile os a full year before the G1 launched , which i owned. was telling dudes about it on sohh other forums and in real life

:clap: have owned, rooted, rom'd , bricked more android devices than most

etc etc , that doesnt make me a expert just like you repeating what google engineers say doesn't make you one either, you still have not been able to answer a bunch of questions in your own words that dudes have asked you in here , now these last couple of pages you have gone on a rant talking about how SD cards compromise phone security but anytime someone ask you HOW?? you keep refering back to google + post , trying to come off like you know some big secret or something