Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
i cant change the text tone on my htc onex+, any ideas? when i connected it to my computer via usb some stupid htc sync software showed up and i cant view it in hd mode

Change your notification ringtone. What do you mean exactly by "you can't change it"? You try to change it and the change doesn't stick? You don't know where that setting is? Etc.

What do you mean by view it in hd mode? Be able to drag and drop files from the computer to the phone?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The only way foregoing sd cards is making Google money is in not having to pay Microsoft for their fat32 patents, for which htc, moto, and Samsung all pay.

I fail to see any other correlation between sd cards and money.

Google advocates for a licensing-free, free open source platform as much as they can. It's why they've eschewed sd cards, why they have had issues with cdma/lte handsets, etc. Those things are closed off and/or cost additional money to include beyond the base hardware cost.

Personally I applaud their stance and their push for a more open mobile landscape and their general distaste for all things closed source. Even if it means I'm stuck on this galaxy nexus for a little bit longer because I'm on Verizon.

As an aside, I s-offed an evo 3d for a friend's girl this afternoon. As I'm sitting there trying to time that damn wire trick, all I can think is this is fukking stupid. Unlocking a device should not be this hard. This is why I have a nexus. Thank you based Google.

no sd card= cloud system. google drive cost money after a certain storage amount

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Change your notification ringtone. What do you mean exactly by "you can't change it"? You try to change it and the change doesn't stick? You don't know where that setting is? Etc.

What do you mean by view it in hd mode? Be able to drag and drop files from the computer to the phone?

i downloaded an mp3 file i had on my old phone to the htc onex+
i can apply it to the ringtone (it shows up as an option), but i cant add it to the text message notification (doesnt show up as an option)

i go to settings > personalize > sound > notification sounds > messages(text) > then the sound options show up (but the one i want doesnt)

I do the same steps for ringtone but at the bolded part above i select "ringtone" instead and it shows up.
Also, under 'ringtones' there is a "+ ADD" button where i can add more ringtones. for text messages there is no such button

:manny:

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah. There's no official Samsung release, but there are aosp builds for it. You have the skyrocket or the I777? You bothered to poke around xda at all?

Its a I777

Ive never rooted a phone. So I wouldn't know the first thing about it. I would appreciated if you could point me in the right direction.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
You're a fukking retard.

How doesnt it make sense?? Sd card=storage space right. Google drive= storage space right?? WHo is the retard. What you think the chromebook is for. Its a cloud based operating system. Why is it priced at 250$ :comeon:

Google is developing their cloud system via google apps like google music, drive, etc...they give you a certain amount of space then you buy more space as needed. Dropbox is buying up companies and creating their cloud system to compete with google drive. Logging into dropbox.com >>>carrying around a sd card + flash drive.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
i can apply it to the ringtone (it shows up as an option), but i cant add it to the text message notification (doesnt show up as an option)

i go to settings > personalize > sound > notification sounds > messages(text) > then the sound options show up (but the one i want doesnt)

I do the same steps for ringtone but at the bolded part above i select "ringtone" instead and it shows up.
Also, under 'ringtones' there is a "+ ADD" button where i can add more ringtones. for text messages there is no such button

use airdroid app to transfer files. Some mp3 wont work as a notification inside certain areas. use the zedge app to download the same notification as set as message tone

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps

You need to add the mp3 to the Notifications folder, otherwise the phone won't make it available to use.

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Its a I777

Ive never rooted a phone. So I wouldn't know the first thing about it. I would appreciated if you could point me in the right direction.

Basically, you odin a new recovery. Copy over a flashable zip with superuser or supersu. Boot into recovery. Flash the zip. Reboot. Now you're rooted.

Now pick a rom (I'd say go with cm10), and copy it and gapps to your phone, reboot into recovery, make a backup just in case, then factory reset, and then flash the rom and then the gapps files.

Browse xda, start here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1301682

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I know we are all android, but I suggest you all check out that Ubuntu video demo for phones.

Sheeeeit, Google better step up

Dual booting android and Ubuntu: to:

:blessed::blessed::blessed:

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

BAMA

Rap and bytches
Daps
Reppin
No Limit Records
Basically, you odin a new recovery. Copy over a flashable zip with superuser or supersu. Boot into recovery. Flash the zip. Reboot. Now you're rooted.

Now pick a rom (I'd say go with cm10), and copy it and gapps to your phone, reboot into recovery, make a backup just in case, then factory reset, and then flash the rom and then the gapps files.

Browse xda, start here: [INDEX]AT&T I777 GSll {roms,kernels,tools} - xda-developers

LMAO if I was a newbie, I wouldnt understand this shyt bruh :beli: