Supporter
Daps

wee-bey-gif.gif

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: I went to walmart , bought one of those $30 prepaid phones and took the sim and activator out and took the phone back. Problem solved ...now I'm eating off that $30 plan

I would have done that if it wasn't christmas season but going there right now is hell. Too much filth and long lines to deal with.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Gamestop selling refurbed Nexus 7s at $180. :scusthov:

I might hop on that if it was anybody but them.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Samsung is replacing faulty Galaxy S IIIs that are suddenly dying for no reason

Samsung (005930) is reportedly quietly replacing faulty Galaxy S III devices according to many users on XDA Developers. The issue appears to be related to the NAND becoming corrupted and killing off the Galaxy S III’s mainboard, which causes the phone to essentially “brick” itself. Users have reported the issues have affected some devices after 150-200 days after purchase. Users on XDA Developers and Reddit are also saying Samsung is replacing affected smartphones (rooted or not) with new ones that could potentially be just as faulty in another 200 days. The Galaxy S III made headlines last week when an XDA forum member discovered that a security hole in its Exynos-4 processor was vulnerable to app-based malware attacks. Samsung has since said it will patch the hole as soon as possible.

galaxy-s-iii-3.jpg

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any way to see where t-mobile upgraded their coverage? im moving to the south side of chicago next year and hoping ill still have hspa+. if not ill probably just get a new phone anyways

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google reportedly working with Motorola to design its own 'X Phone' and tablet

Google Designing 'X Phone' to Rival Apple, Samsung

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/21/3792974/google-reportedly-working-with-motorola-to-design-its-own-x-phone

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Google is taking its smartphone fate into its own hands, working with Motorola to build its own device known internally as the "X Phone." Due sometime next year, the new device is said to not replace the work Google-owned Motorola is pursuing with its line of Droid devices, but to serve as another product altogether — and that after the X Phone is complete, a so-called "X Tablet" will be coming up next.

The individual reportedly in charge of the project is a former Google product manager, Lior Ron. Ron is said to have previously specialized in mapping — obviously a huge area of focus given Apple's recent stumbles.The project is said to be particularly concerned with providing users with a high-quality camera and great photo software, something the Nexus line has never really been known for.

"Bendable screens and ceramics are on the table"

Other technologies that are said to have been explored as part of the X Phone project are bendable screens and ceramic materials that would make the device more durable. It's not specified whether the X Phone design is finished, or if either design element will be present in the final device. Image and gesture-recognition software from Viewdle — which Motorola Mobility acquired in October — is also being integrated into the phone.

While Google has been able to put forth its own line of Nexus-branded Android phones and tablets, the company hasn't delved into the world of hardware production itself (save for the short-lived Nexus Q). Taking advantage of its Motorola acquisition to make its own devices would put it in direct competition with Android OEMs, a situation that Microsoft is now confronting with the Surface tablet. Still, after many — including The Verge itself — found the Nexus 4 to be a somewhat disappointing follow-up to the Galaxy Nexus, taking matters into its own hands could be one of the most effective ways for Google to provide the ultimate Android experience.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any way to see where t-mobile upgraded their coverage? im moving to the south side of chicago next year and hoping ill still have hspa+. if not ill probably just get a new phone anyways

dont you have a nexus4? You planning on ditching?

BTW, how long did it take for the transfer process (phone # port) to take place?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

coverage map...go to tmobile.com then coverage map

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carné Asada;2624626 said:
dont you have a nexus4? You planning on ditching?

BTW, how long did it take for the transfer process (phone # port) to take place?

yeah i got the n4, i have great speeds where im at now but im looking at the map rohiggidy posted of where im moving to and it doesnt look good. i guess i could switch to AT&T prepaid if i need to. being off contract im going to be tempted to get a new phone next year :yeshrug:

took less than 24 hours