satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm my real world experience my iPhone 6 can last a whole day on a full charge and my S6 can't. The jury is still out on which phone I go with long term. All I'll say is this S6 hasn't fully won me over yet.

You have a regular iPhone 6? My wife's S6 definitely won't last all day and she doesn't do that much shyt on it. Apple seems to do as good or better than the top Android phones with lesser specs.

Yeah the regular. I took my iPhone 6 off the charger at like 9am and it's now 9pm and it's got 86% battery just sitting there. That's why the battery last longer because when the phone is on standby it doesn't have the heavy drain the S6 does.

Also the S6 screen murders it's battery. Maybe they should have stayed with a 1080p screen instead of a 1440p one.

6 hours on battery and 32 minutes of screen on time and the battery is at 59%

That doesn't sound too good. Which phone is that?

Galaxy S6. I wish I could root and figure out the cause. I can't root because I plan to use Samsung Pay and root means you can't. Samsung Pay means I don't even have to carry my credit cards. It works even at those magnetic strip readers by broadcasting the magnetic data wirelessly so it doesn't even need NFC.

I meant to do a write-up on this a few months ago. IMO, the reason the battery life is so garbage on S6 is because it has too small a battery.

The S6 has only a 2550 mAh battery despite having a 5.1 inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560) screen.

Compare that to the Note 2 or Note 3 Neo/Lite which both have 3100 mAh battery to go with 5.5 inch 720p screens.

Based on specs alone, folks should've known the battery life of the S6 was gonna be Garbage.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I meant to do a write-up on this a few months ago. IMO, the reason the battery life is so garbage on S6 is because it has too small a battery.

The S6 has only a 2550 mAh battery despite having a 5.1 inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560) screen.

Compare that to the Note 2 or Note 3 Neo/Lite which both have 3100 mAh battery to go with 5.5 inch 720p screens.

Based on specs alone, folks should've known the battery life of the S6 was gonna be Garbage.
No there's some app draining the battery and preventing the phone from going to sleep.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
got adb installed. I'm gonna use the desktop version of Wakelock to figure this out

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

It has too small of a battery for Android that is. Other operating systems are much more efficient on similar (Windows Phone) and much smaller (iOS) batteries.

I wouldn't have a problem with that if manufactures realized that most people don't want to sacrifice thinness for battery life as long as the handset looks good. I think 4000mAh batteries should be standard for these 5" Android phones because the hardware is just too taxing for the software they have currently implemented.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I uninstalled Facebook and it's messenger and managed to barely make it a full day with no charger. I got home with 15% left. I had to babysit the phone like a mother though. Turn on Bluetooth then turn it off, same with location services. It's such a shame you have to do these sorts of things. Such a feature rich phone and you're constantly turning stuff on and off all the time.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I uninstalled Facebook and it's messenger and managed to barely make it a full day with no charger. I got home with 15% left. I had to babysit the phone like a mother though. Turn on Bluetooth then turn it off, same with location services. It's such a shame you have to do these sorts of things. Such a feature rich phone and you're constantly turning stuff on and off all the time.

root your phone.. and download tasker