Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder how it compares to the 6+ since the battery is like 1.5 times bigger than the regular 6. I know the screen is bigger, but iOS is damn good at battery management.
6+ is more comparable to the notes, nexus 6, and other phablets. 5" phones, the field is pretty level.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My s6 battery USED to shyt on my girls 6. It's like one day it just stopped performing to its ability. From 7am to noon I'll probably be around 15-20%, with heavy use.
Probably an update or app. My bro's have an s6 and 6 and the 6 is always dying first.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You have a regular iPhone 6? My wife's S6 definitely won't last all day and she doesn't do that much shyt on it. Apple seems to do as good or better than the top Android phones with lesser specs.
Yeah the regular. I took my iPhone 6 off the charger at like 9am and it's now 9pm and it's got 86% battery just sitting there. That's why the battery last longer because when the phone is on standby it doesn't have the heavy drain the S6 does.

Also the S6 screen murders it's battery. Maybe they should have stayed with a 1080p screen instead of a 1440p one.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Yeah the regular. I took my iPhone 6 off the charger at like 9am and it's now 9pm and it's got 86% battery just sitting there. That's why the battery last longer because when the phone is on standby it doesn't have the heavy drain the S6 does.

Also the S6 screen murders it's battery. Maybe they should have stayed with a 1080p screen instead of a 1440p one.

Yep. All the devices I've recently had drain terribly when the screen is on. Standby is decent (not great) though. Android is great for its functionality, but it still has a long way to go for efficiency. Throwing more hardware at the issues isn't a feasible solution now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That doesn't sound too good. Which phone is that?
Galaxy S6. I wish I could root and figure out the cause. I can't root because I plan to use Samsung Pay and root means you can't. Samsung Pay means I don't even have to carry my credit cards. It works even at those magnetic strip readers by broadcasting the magnetic data wirelessly so it doesn't even need NFC.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Galaxy S6. I wish I could root and figure out the cause. I can't root because I plan to use Samsung Pay and root means you can't. Samsung Pay means I don't even have to carry my credit cards. It works even at those magnetic strip readers by broadcasting the magnetic data wirelessly so it doesn't even need NFC.
When I found out they were playing those games and essentially taking away root, I hit them with the :camby:. I was gonna get one for myself too.