winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its pitiful you need instructions on how to make your battery life not crap out or that alleged beastly phones run like crap after one update. At least apple is like "yea we will price gouge you but we will at least make sure you are taken care of".
Yeah battery management should be simple here but it isn't. On the iPhone I left everything on all day and typically made it through a day with even heavy use. Back to Android I have to do stuff like turn on and off certain features and I'm still trying to figure out what apps and process running in the background are keeping my phone awake even with the screen off.

It's like the difference between eating at an all you can eat buffet vs going to a high scale restaurant. Google's philosophy is here's the components do whatever you want with them and Apple's is this is what we serve and how we serve it.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Google needs to step in and create some type of mandatory Android experience. Make the option on first boot to choose either stock Android or the modified version the manufacture uses.

There's constantly stuff like some rogue app wake locking the phone and keeping it from going into deep sleep draining the battery. You almost have to root your phone just to run it efficiently something some manufactures like Smasung frown on.

I'm not saying lock things down as bad as Apple but there needs to be global standards between the phones and a common end user experience. I shouldn't plug my headphones up to my phone and have several apps go to war over the controls while some apps don't respond at all. My Overdrive app when I'm listening to an audio book sometimes the controls respond to the inline remote features and sometimes they don't.
The worst part is Google doesn't give a single fukk about any of that. I've always felt that the platform would be so much further if Google locked down the OS from manufacturers. All that work being done to recreate the wheel could be used on new/innovative apps. This would also prevent a lot of the inconsistencies seen from phone to phone as well.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The worst part is Google doesn't give a single fukk about any of that. I've always felt that the platform would be so much further if Google locked down the OS from manufacturers. All that work being done to recreate the wheel could be used on new/innovative apps. This would also prevent a lot of the inconsistencies seen from phone to phone as well.

lol Google doesn't give a damn they just want your data. Hell they can't even get Nexus Launches right. With there being chipsets now that allow one phone model to work with ALL US carriers there is no excuse. Thats why its interesting what Motorola is doing, but the issue at hand is will the Moto X phones actually get updates, and once they are updated will they run like crap like every other Android phone. I`m hearing so many stories about peoples Note 4s and S6s starting to run like crap, there is no excuse for a phone with 8 cores and 3+ gb ram to run like crap, when a dual core 1gb ram iPhone still runs like butter, yet hardware specs are always used to slander iPhones.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
lol Google doesn't give a damn they just want your data. Hell they can't even get Nexus Launches right. With there being chipsets now that allow one phone model to work with ALL US carriers there is no excuse. Thats why its interesting what Motorola is doing, but the issue at hand is will the Moto X phones actually get updates, and once they are updated will they run like crap like every other Android phone. I`m hearing so many stories about peoples Note 4s and S6s starting to run like crap, there is no excuse for a phone with 8 cores and 3+ gb ram to run like crap, when a dual core 1gb ram iPhone still runs like butter, yet hardware specs are always used to slander iPhones.
I put my s6 on Craigslist last week
Still waiting on an offer from a non scammer:francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I put my s6 on Craigslist last week
Still waiting on an offer from a non scammer:francis:

I enjoyed the s6 edge when I had it, even wanted to try out a note 5, but I`m just gonna get the 6+s when it drops and at the most cop the Moto X Pure or a Moto G for android development unless the new Nexus is around same price.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Yeah, hate to say it, but I haven't had a great Android experience since Lollipop dropped. My 1+1 went to shyt. My Nexus 6 is just OK. My wife's S6 runs like crap to me but has a great camera so she's in heaven. Not to mention they stripped out some core Lollipop features when they threw their paint everywhere.

The best phone I've had (excluding my Nexus 5) was actually my Nokia Lumia 920. Battery was great, but the OS was bare.

I'm definitely selling this N6 and hopping on the iPhone train when the 6s drops. I think a year will be good to reset. If that doesn't work, I can always sell the phone without taking a loss .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, hate to say it, but I haven't had a great Android experience since Lollipop dropped. My 1+1 went to shyt. My Nexus 6 is just OK. My wife's S6 runs like crap to me but has a great camera so she's in heaven. Not to mention they stripped out some core Lollipop features when they threw their paint everywhere.

The best phone I've had (excluding my Nexus 5) was actually my Nokia Lumia 920. Battery was great, but the OS was bare.

I'm definitely selling this N6 and hopping on the iPhone train when the 6s drops. I think a year will be good to reset. If that doesn't work, I can always sell the phone without taking a loss .

yea, 6S will be dope, I have the 6+ and will get the 6+S but I`m more excited for the 7 next yr since it will be a redesign. It`s interesting Blackberry and Windows make great phones its just no devs want to support them since nobody uses them, but nobody uses them because they dont have any damn apps. The Blackberry Passport Silver edition that just dropped is sexy as hell, runs android apps, and has insane battery, seems like it would be a good phone for travel but then again so is my iPhone 6+.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
yea, 6S will be dope, I have the 6+ and will get the 6+S but I`m more excited for the 7 next yr since it will be a redesign. It`s interesting Blackberry and Windows make great phones its just no devs want to support them since nobody uses them, but nobody uses them because they dont have any damn apps. The Blackberry Passport Silver edition that just dropped is sexy as hell, runs android apps, and has insane battery, seems like it would be a good phone for travel but then again so is my iPhone 6+.

Yep. I miss that phone like crazy. The camera is still as good or better than 99% of the phones I've seen(including the iPhone and Samsungs).

I'm to the point where I'm not going to wait for another year to get the refresh. I'll cop the 6+s next month then grab the 7 on the refresh.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I enjoyed the s6 edge when I had it, even wanted to try out a note 5, but I`m just gonna get the 6+s when it drops and at the most cop the Moto X Pure or a Moto G for android development unless the new Nexus is around same price.
How'd you sell your s6 edge?

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Android is purely for data collection which is why no thought is put into the hardware x software end user experience. Majority of the products google puts out is for new ways to collect data. And only android devices with good battery as of late ere Note phones and Droid Maxxs and thats simply due to having huge batteries. I have heard that the new Moto phones have great battery though. I had the G4,G3, S6 edge most recently and all had horrible battery life when you put in perspective the actual size of battery.
Yeah, but if u compare the battery life with other flagships, the field is pretty leveled. The s6 beats the iphone 6 in battery life and it's pretty even with other 5 inch phones.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My s6 edge + came in. Best phone I've ever had by far. Incredible display, feels good, fast as fukk, eye -opening design. Extreme satisfied so far. Never been one to remove the battery or use external storage so not having those options mean nothing to me. Being able to pull up apps from the curve is super slick

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
My s6 edge + came in. Best phone I've ever had by far. Incredible display, feels good, fast as fukk, eye -opening design. Extreme satisfied so far. Never been one to remove the battery or use external storage so not having those options mean nothing to me. Being able to pull up apps from the curve is super slick

How much you pay for it :patrice: