1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
which one you think judging off of this thread breh
Idk. This thread doing numbers but it always does. Android users are usually more involved and wondering about customization. Android had a strong hold on me and my nikkas, especially bc the unlimited file sharing, but now some of them switched to iPhones. I might make the switch myself..

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah that's my plan. I'm really just waiting for the reviews to drop to see where the Nexus 5 and Moto X stand. If those aren't :wow: level, I'm dipping. I've been deep in this Android game since the G1. The same shyt happens every year -- new phones high ass MP cameras that don't live up to the hype (or the day of a not so heavy user).
The Moto X Style? Is what everyone is talking about? I never really check for Motorola phones.....I know one thing though..if Samsung don't smarten back up on SD cards down the line, that's BEEF.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The Moto X Style? Is what everyone is talking about? I never really check for Motorola phones.....I know one thing though..if Samsung don't smarten back up on SD cards down the line, that's BEEF.

Yep. You're going to have to find another brand became Samsung is officially Android's version of Apple. They've been biting Apple's style for years and this is the final phase. There's too much money to be made on consumers who pay $100 more for only 16-32GB of additional onboard storage for them to pay the additional 32¢ for the SD card slot

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its really nikkas jumping the Android boat every day man, damn

shyt is crazy out here in the streets
I will say this. I switched to this Galaxy S6 on Friday and I've noticed in places my iPhone 6 could eek out a signal the S6 either doesn't or constantly drops connection. Also the Fitbit app is crap on Android. on the iPhone I had two trackers synced to my phone and whenever I switched trackers I had zero issues. I'm having all sorts of problems on Android. If I use the Charge HR it's not finding it and looking for the Surge. Also my battery life is actually worse. If I don't charge this phone mid-day it ain't making it through the day. on the iPhone if I didn't charge I could make it through a workday with 30% battery left.

All in all the iPhone was a better end user experience for me. Sure Android offers more freedom but that freedom comes at a price, things just don't work as well. App developers don't take as good care of you on Android. The Audible App on iOS is sleek and nice looking on Android it looks like crap. iOS gets many apps first also.

Android elitist tend to ignore stuff like this when they go on their iPhone bashing rants. I'm pretty impartial on this cell phone shyt. iOS has a shyt ton of nice little touches you don't get on the other side. Like I already miss the Bluetooth device battery meter iOS has and iOS flat out just handles Bluetooth better.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London

Dont think they will TBH, the whole 1 slab of material seems to be the way, looks nicer IMO

A chinese company maybe for you.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm good for awhile...I'm just saying for next year and beyond..things have to get consistent. I don't take steps back..that's a female game.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I will say this. I switched to this Galaxy S6 on Friday and I've noticed in places my iPhone 6 could eek out a signal the S6 either doesn't or constantly drops connection. Also the Fitbit app is crap on Android. on the iPhone I had two trackers synced to my phone and whenever I switched trackers I had zero issues. I'm having all sorts of problems on Android. If I use the Charge HR it's not finding it and looking for the Surge. Also my battery life is actually worse. If I don't charge this phone mid-day it ain't making it through the day. on the iPhone if I didn't charge I could make it through a workday with 30% battery left.

All in all the iPhone was a better end user experience for me. Sure Android offers more freedom but that freedom comes at a price, things just don't work as well. App developers don't take as good care of you on Android. The Audible App on iOS is sleek and nice looking on Android it looks like crap. iOS gets many apps first also.

Android elitist tend to ignore stuff like this when they go on their iPhone bashing rants. I'm pretty impartial on this cell phone shyt. iOS has a shyt ton of nice little touches you don't get on the other side. Like I already miss the Bluetooth device battery meter iOS has and iOS flat out just handles Bluetooth better.
:salute: For being real

But yeah on my iPod that Bluetooth meter is clutch as fukk and my iPod has a better WiFi receptor than any android device I've used

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
:salute: For being real

But yeah on my iPod that Bluetooth meter is clutch as fukk and my iPod has a better WiFi receptor than any android device I've used

I have noticed that my iPad never has connection issues whereas my Android phones always drop in/out randomly. It's not frequent enough to be problematic, but it is noticeable.

Last edited:

keepemup

Banned
Daps

This is the nature of the android world unfortunately. There are so many phones and some phones may do some things better than others. Those issues you had, may not exist on another smartphone, but there's X different models so it can be a herculean chore trying to figure out which one does all the things you want and need it to do.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My gripe is google is a scumbag company pimping out their software to be b*stardized just to collect data. Google comes with the guize of innovation just to find more ways to collect data. Its pitiful you need instructions on how to make your battery life not crap out or that alleged beastly phones run like crap after one update. At least apple is like "yea we will price gouge you but we will at least make sure you are taken care of". I Only mess with android devices because im a techie and want to be hip to industry changes, but if i didnt care about tech i wouldnt touch android at all.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
My gripe is google is a scumbag company pimping out their software to be b*stardized just to collect data. Google comes with the guize of innovation just to find more ways to collect data. Its pitiful you need instructions on how to make your battery life not crap out or that alleged beastly phones run like crap after one update. At least apple is like "yea we will price gouge you but we will at least make sure you are taken care of". I Only mess with android devices because im a techie and want to be hip to industry changes, but if i didnt care about tech i wouldnt touch android at all.
They provide services for the data so I don't see what you're getting at.

There are android phones that have great battery life.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They provide services for the data so I don't see what you're getting at.

There are android phones that have great battery life.
Android is purely for data collection which is why no thought is put into the hardware x software end user experience. Majority of the products google puts out is for new ways to collect data. And only android devices with good battery as of late ere Note phones and Droid Maxxs and thats simply due to having huge batteries. I have heard that the new Moto phones have great battery though. I had the G4,G3, S6 edge most recently and all had horrible battery life when you put in perspective the actual size of battery.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SD cards are about to become a thing in the past especially since phone companies can profit much more from not having them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is the nature of the android world unfortunately. There are so many phones and some phones may do some things better than others. Those issues you had, may not exist on another smartphone, but there's X different models so it can be a herculean chore trying to figure out which one does all the things you want and need it to do.
Google needs to step in and create some type of mandatory Android experience. Make the option on first boot to choose either stock Android or the modified version the manufacture uses.

There's constantly stuff like some rogue app wake locking the phone and keeping it from going into deep sleep draining the battery. You almost have to root your phone just to run it efficiently something some manufactures like Smasung frown on.

I'm not saying lock things down as bad as Apple but there needs to be global standards between the phones and a common end user experience. I shouldn't plug my headphones up to my phone and have several apps go to war over the controls while some apps don't respond at all. My Overdrive app when I'm listening to an audio book sometimes the controls respond to the inline remote features and sometimes they don't.