Daps
CD8-ZTAWIAEsQce.jpg

Daps
Why doesn't Google make a real effort with Google Hangouts? It's ridiculous that they STILL don't have a worthy competitor to iMessage smh

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Why doesn't Google make a real effort with Google Hangouts? It's ridiculous that they STILL don't have a worthy competitor to iMessage smh
I'm not familiar with imessage but what's wrong with hangouts?

Mms is still a little funny but at least hangouts has mms capability now for the most part

Another con is you don't receive group texts to your Google voice number

Other than that hangouts is pretty dope

I just had to port my phone number back to Google voice because I moved in to a new apartment where I get no service. I have a nexus 5 and it doesn't have wifi calling and I didn't want to have to buy a new phone just to get wifi calling with t-mobile or sprint

So this was the easiest and cheapest option

Needless to say I'll be using hangouts a lot again

Daps
I'm not familiar with imessage but what's wrong with hangouts?

I am not familiar with iMessage either, I was referring to the fact that if you get an iPhone, you use iMessage by default...Google (and its users: me) can't reap the benefits of a commanding marketshare if they don't have folks using the same platform.

Problems with hangouts...Customization is almost non-existent. In group messages all bubbles are the same color. That's confusing. It would be easier if I could use the Facebook photos for those that have Facebook's....but nope.

And mms being funny is inexcusable for 2015. Seriously, why does android still struggle with this?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I am not familiar with iMessage either, I was referring to the fact that if you get an iPhone, you use iMessage by default...Google (and its users: me) can't reap the benefits of a commanding marketshare if they don't have folks using the same platform.

Problems with hangouts...Customization is almost non-existent. In group messages all bubbles are the same color. That's confusing. It would be easier if I could use the Facebook photos for those that have Facebook's....but nope.

And mms being funny is inexcusable for 2015. Seriously, why does android still struggle with this?

Use Google "messenger" , I just discovered it last week and used it to replace my stock messaging app and it's :blessed: has those features you mentioned

:whoa: it's not super customizable like other third party apps but had what I needed

http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-switch-to-googles-new-messenger-app-for-sms-1658282216

Daps
Daps
Use Google "messenger" , I just discovered it last week and used it to replace my stock messaging app and it's :blessed: has those features you mentioned

:whoa: it's not super customizable like other third party apps but had what I needed

http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-switch-to-googles-new-messenger-app-for-sms-1658282216

My bad, I meant Google messenger, not Hangouts

They need to make it more customizable and make it the default app for Android phones.

My bad, I WAS in hangouts (seriously, what's the point of Google having and supporting both of these apps? Why can't they focus on getting one app done right that all Android users can use? )

Google messenger has reviews saying it couldn't handle MMS and "doesn't work well with iPhones". The layout is much better, I'll give it a whirl

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My bad, I WAS in hangouts (seriously, what's the point of Google having and supporting both of these apps? Why can't they focus on getting one app done right that all Android users can use? )

Google messenger has reviews saying it couldn't handle MMS and "doesn't work well with iPhones". The layout is much better, I'll give it a whirl

yea I figured you were confused , didn't know u was on a iphone , it handles MMS fine for me, one small cool feature i like is that it automatically embeds gif's , am not a fan of hangouts either feels like there is too much going on, hangouts is more of googles version of "whatsapp" and those other messengers more than a straight texting app .

Daps
yea I figured you were confused , didn't know u was on a iphone , it handles MMS fine for me, one small cool feature i like is that it automatically embeds gif's , am not a fan of hangouts either feels like there is too much going on, hangouts is more of googles version of "whatsapp" and those other messengers more than a straight texting app .

Nah, I'm on a GS5, the reviews in the play store say it doesn't work well with iPhones (I assume those people are referring to group texts with iPhone users using iMessage...which is simply comes in as MMS for Android users).

I'm giving it a try, hopefully it works well.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Anyone else having problems with Google Messenger? sometimes it says the message wasn't sent but it was