bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
false breh, its STREAMING over wi-fi.. you're not downloading anything.. you can load up g drive or dropbox with em or use vudu, netflix hulu, hbogo etc.

don't you need some special kinda connection to hook up a cell phone to a tv?

i hear what you're saying though
My bad, I was just speaking in general at that point, not about Chromecast.

Yeah, a mini HDMI cable, but that is still smaller then carrying a Chromecast, and power supply.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs I'm thinking about buying Sony Xperia M (or the Xperia L) as my back-up phone.

What exactly is a Dual-sim phone & what is the point of it? I'm asking because according to Wikipedia, Sony has never updated the single-sim version of Xperia M, but they do keep the dual-sim version updated.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Brehs I'm thinking about buying Sony Xperia M (or the Xperia L) as my back-up phone.

What exactly is a Dual-sim phone & what is the point of it? I'm asking because according to Wikipedia, Sony has never updated the single-sim version of Xperia M, but they do keep the dual-sim version updated.

I believe a dual-sim phone is just a phone that supports 2 different sim cards. I think only micro sim and nano sim

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Sony makes it easier to put new operating systems on its phones

by Jon Fingas | May 3rd 2015 at 5:58 pm

sony-xperia-e3-630.jpg

Sony's Android smartphones haven't been tinkerer-friendly to date -- since you couldn't boot from a recovery partition, you couldn't install CyanogenMod and other unofficial operating systems without jumping through hoops. It should be much easier to mess with your software from now on, though. Sony is quietly releasing bootloaders that let you boot from that recovery space, which opens the door to installing both custom Android ROMs as well as very different platforms, like Firefox OS or Ubuntu Touch. The catch? Right now, the only devices that support these bootloaders are lower-end models you probably don't use, like the Xperia E3, M2, T2 Ultra and T3. You won't be modifying the heck out of your Xperia Z3 just yet, then, but that's no longer a far-fetched idea.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/03/sony-helps-with-installing-custom-roms/

:ehh: Makes sense. OEMs tend to focus on only updating flagship devices and ignore the low-end & mid-range devices. So this is the right thing to do.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I bought an unlocked Z3 compact straight from Sony and I'm with AT&T. No complaints with my phone. What questions you got?
Nothing really, just wanted to hear how people like it. I watched a lot of reviews and everyone loves it, and the only issue seems to be the camera isnt the best