J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Been rocking with Z3 at the moment. I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon. IPhone doesn't interest me, The Galaxy line doesn't really appeal to me anymore, and the Nexus can't be relied upon to last a full day.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Been rocking with Z3 at the moment. I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon. IPhone doesn't interest me, The Galaxy line doesn't really appeal to me anymore, and the Nexus can't be relied upon to last a full day.
I flashed a custom kernel on my nexus 5 and get a full day easily now

I'm not the heaviest user but I do browse a lot

I don't think the nexus 6 has battery life issues

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Does anyone know if the nexus 5 or nexus 6 will get wifi calling/texting with a future update?

I just moved in to yet another apartment that gets shytty reception so I'm gonna have to switch over to t-mobile and take advantage of their wifi calling

Only problem is I wanna stay with nexus but the nexus 5 or 6 doesn't have wifi calling

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Does anyone know if the nexus 5 or nexus 6 will get wifi calling/texting with a future update?

I just moved in to yet another apartment that gets shytty reception so I'm gonna have to switch over to t-mobile and take advantage of their wifi calling

Only problem is I wanna stay with nexus but the nexus 5 or 6 doesn't have wifi calling
The Nexus 6 is supposed to be getting that soon. If you have a google voice account can't you make wifi calls?

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
The Nexus 6 is supposed to be getting that soon. If you have a google voice account can't you make wifi calls?
I have Google voice but I made my main number (which I used on Google voice before) my mobile number again

It's just more convenient this way for a few different reasons

now I just have some bogus number as my Google voice number

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kinda fugly.

i dont see why people holding onto SD cards with all the cloud storage their is today. all my music is in the play cloud.

s6 comes with 115 gb with onedrive, plus i got 50 on dropbox 15 on google drive, unlimited photos on amazon photos through prime, plus g photos, social media sites etc
I like it.

Its good to have SD cards because you can put HD movies on the cards, and have your whole collection with you everywhere you go. Because it can be hooked up to an HDTV(even4k), you can watch movies on a bigger screen, if you are at someone's house. The fact that you can have so many large files on an SD card, have music, and photos, in the cloud, is amazing because I remember when you could hold a small amount of things on you. Now, you can literally have your whole music collection, movie collection, and a photo book, all on your phone.

AND everything is high quality. Lg phones usually have good DACs, so if you have HiFi audio, you can listen to music with some audiophile headphones, and get good sound. shyt is crazy "Things done changed "

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
was finally able to update to lollipop while keeping root on a vzw note3....shyt just breaths new life to it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I like it.

Its good to have SD cards because you can put HD movies on the cards, and have your whole collection with you everywhere you go. Because it can be hooked up to an HDTV(even4k), you can watch movies on a bigger screen, if you are at someone's house. The fact that you can have so many large files on an SD card, have music, and photos, in the cloud, is amazing because I remember when you could hold a small amount of things on you. Now, you can literally have your whole music collection, movie collection, and a photo book, all on your phone.

AND everything is high quality. Lg phones usually have good DACs, so if you have HiFi audio, you can listen to music with some audiophile headphones, and get good sound. shyt is crazy "Things done changed "
you can also have these movies and photos and audio files in the cloud.,.and then carry a chromecast to said persons house and stream them

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
kinda fugly.

i dont see why people holding onto SD cards with all the cloud storage their is today. all my music is in the play cloud.

s6 comes with 115 gb with onedrive, plus i got 50 on dropbox 15 on google drive, unlimited photos on amazon photos through prime, plus g photos, social media sites etc
Not everyone has unlimited 4g

And if you're underground or in a area with bad reception and no wifi the cloud doesn't help.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can also have these movies and photos and audio files in the cloud.,.and then carry a chromecast to said persons house and stream them
True, but I can't see me carrying a Chromecast, and power supply just in case I may want to watch a movie. That's why the storage is so wild to me, because you can have everything on you, you can make a quick decision, and do it. If your large files are on the cloud, you have to wait for the file to be downloaded, and if you are talking about HD movies, that's GB's, and won't be a fast download. If you have it on a SD card, you can just play the movie. Then what if the connection isn't that strong, it may take even longer. Then you have to add the fact that all the downloading of large files will be using up your data, causing you to not do other things because you are using up your caps quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the cloud but, because its the internet, and relies on a connection, I wouldn't put my all into it, if I have access to a large storage device like an SD card. I don't know about the g4 but, I know the lg flex 2 is able to utilize a 1tb card. That shyt is crazy:gladbron:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
True, but I can't see me carrying a Chromecast, and power supply just in case I may want to watch a movie. That's why the storage is so wild to me, because you can have everything on you, you can make a quick decision, and do it. If your large files are on the cloud, you have to wait for the file to be downloaded, and if you are talking about HD movies, that's GB's, and won't be a fast download. If you have it on a SD card, you can just play the movie. Then what if the connection isn't that strong, it may take even longer. Then you have to add the fact that all the downloading of large files will be using up your data, causing you to not do other things because you are using up your caps quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the cloud but, because its the internet, and relies on a connection, I wouldn't put my all into it, if I have access to a large storage device like an SD card. I don't know about the g4 but, I know the lg flex 2 is able to utilize a 1tb card. That shyt is crazy:gladbron:
false breh, its STREAMING over wi-fi.. you're not downloading anything.. you can load up g drive or dropbox with em or use vudu, netflix hulu, hbogo etc.

don't you need some special kinda connection to hook up a cell phone to a tv?

i hear what you're saying though