Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If the Lions don’t take a QB who is their long term answer? Goff? I get the feeling they gonna improve and have a tougher time drafting a franchise QB later. Not getting a good QB in free agency.
True but historically it’s rare to find a legit franchise QB outside of the top10-15 picks. If we take a QB at 32 odds are we’re bringing in another game manager to eventually replace Goff, the game manager.

Long term the hope would be next year you package your two 1st founders to move up and get whoever you think is the guy. That makes this year’s draft super important. We gotta hit on multiple starters and good backups. Then next year you spend in FA and then get your QB in the draft.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
True but historically it’s rare to find a legit franchise QB outside of the top10-15 picks. If we take a QB at 32 odds are we’re bringing in another game manager to eventually replace Goff, the game manager.

Long term the hope would be next year you package your two 1st founders to move up and get whoever you think is the guy. That makes this year’s draft super important. We gotta hit on multiple starters and good backups. Then next year you spend in FA and then get your QB in the draft.
Bryce Young could be great but the Lions are probably gonna be too good to get him depending.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What is Jordan loves value? Def not a 1st or 2nd. I couldn’t do a third either but 4th and I’m all in. We might not draft a starter or contributor in the 4th why not select a qb with upside? Supposedly more than Howell and whoever else may be there at that time of the draft.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'd package those Rams picks to move up and take Jameson Williams. This kid is a man among boys out there. His speed is off the charts. :dwillhuh:

Jameson Williams tore his ACL in the title game. I doubt he drops as a result but we can hope.

I would still trade up to take him because I don't think he'll last past the teens if not the top ten.

I'm gonna be pounding the Jameson Williams drum with that Rams first rounder. I would even trade up for him if he shoots up draft boards, which wouldn't surprise me. He looks like Randy Moss 2.0 but slightly shorter.

Give me Jameson Williams. They need a true #1 wideout. Both Super Bowl teams had one (Rams had two); the Chiefs, Bills and 49ers had one as well.

Sending my resume to Allen Park, brehs. We might finally be on track. :mjcry:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
When Williams healthy offense doesn’t have any glaring holes. We’ll see clearly if Goff is anything more than a bridge QB

Preferred Kayvon but won’t hate Hutchinson pick. He’s Campbell type of guy to a T. Glenn seemed pretty excited about him too

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I also preferred Kavon but end of the day we got the guy everyone thought would go #1 a few weeks ago. Impossible to be upset. Then we fleeced the Vikings and got arguably the best WR in the draft.

Going into today the thinking was that we have 5 players in the top 100. Now we have 4 players in the top 100, but 2 of them were in the top 12. That's an amazing outcome.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If Willis there at 46 do they draft him?
I wouldn’t be mad at it, but I’d pass. Lots of potential starters available at 46. LB, safety…

Whenever Williams is healthy, this offense has the potential to be great. The coverage he’s gonna demand will get St Brown and/or Hock to the Pro Bowl. The middle of the field is gonna be super exploitable for them, plus Swift. And then Chark will be on the other side one on one. None of us are Goff fans but this is working out really well for him on paper.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They need to stop fukkin around and get corral or Willis. If Goff somehow proves he isn’t really ass, you can trade them. But if he does, you can slide in one of them to keep the ball movin. Nice first day.