Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That signing tells me Will Harris is on his way outta here if he can’t switch to CB. Dude is wack so I’m fine with it. I’d still expect to draft a safety at some point, just not at 2.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Starting to see alot more mocks with Sauce Gardner at 2. :patrice:
Never gave up a TD in college. Long rangy corner. Only reason i would be upset really is that we drafted Okudah a couple years ago. But if he is the next Jalen Ramsey I get it

No clue what Lions do. I want them to trade down pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and just get WR early (Wilson/London). If they stay at 2 Hutch, Kayvon, Sauce are cool. Do not want Walker. His play on field doesn’t come close to his workout numbers

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Starting to see alot more mocks with Sauce Gardner at 2. :patrice:
Never gave up a TD in college. Long rangy corner. Only reason i would be upset really is that we drafted Okudah a couple years ago. But if he is the next Jalen Ramsey I get it

No clue what Lions do. I want them to trade down pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and just get WR early (Wilson/London). If they stay at 2 Hutch, Kayvon, Sauce are cool. Do not want Walker. His play on field doesn’t come close to his workout numbers

London would be cool early. I’m still team no Kayvon. Damn near anyone but Kayvon and I’m cool. Don’t care if lose out on this dudes upside. He misses too many games

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Unless a time traveler visits me and tells me a CB will be the next Jalen Ramsey I am NOT taking a CB in the top 5. I don't care about the potential...without the guarantee, that position is not worth it at those spots IMO. Same with Kyle Hamilton. Time traveler tells me he's the next Sean Taylor fine, lets do it. Outside of that, nope.

Kavon is the best fit. End of the day we're gonna find out whether Brad Holmes has the juice or not because I'm started to get leery about the nonstop references to his "partnership" with Dan - a guy he didn't even get to select as his coach. If you're the GM you pick who you think is the best player. I think Brad is leaning towards Kavon, whereas the rumor is Campbell can't stand him. Well too bad.
:yeshrug:

Alternative is a guy who didn't have great production in college (Travon Walker) or a massive reach for another DE. Or trade down. Basically I think all the signs are pointing to this either being Kavon or a questionable pick we all shake our heads about 2 years from now. And sure, maybe we will be shaking our heads anyway in 2 years if Kavon is as disinterested in football as "insiders" claim but I think all that is bs. Articulate, smart black man is always gonna make white meatheads feel uncomfortable.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Unless a time traveler visits me and tells me a CB will be the next Jalen Ramsey I am NOT taking a CB in the top 5. I don't care about the potential...without the guarantee, that position is not worth it at those spots IMO. Same with Kyle Hamilton. Time traveler tells me he's the next Sean Taylor fine, lets do it. Outside of that, nope.

Kavon is the best fit. End of the day we're gonna find out whether Brad Holmes has the juice or not because I'm started to get leery about the nonstop references to his "partnership" with Dan - a guy he didn't even get to select as his coach. If you're the GM you pick who you think is the best player. I think Brad is leaning towards Kavon, whereas the rumor is Campbell can't stand him. Well too bad.
:yeshrug:

Alternative is a guy who didn't have great production in college (Travon Walker) or a massive reach for another DE. Or trade down. Basically I think all the signs are pointing to this either being Kavon or a questionable pick we all shake our heads about 2 years from now. And sure, maybe we will be shaking our heads anyway in 2 years if Kavon is as disinterested in football as "insiders" claim but I think all that is bs. Articulate, smart black man is always gonna make white meatheads feel uncomfortable.

too bad? That’s how we ended up with okuda, right?

let’s not act like being articulate is a red flag. Injury and passion are legitimate concerns

*edited to correct the articulate statement *

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Watching Kavon all over these shows doing interviews…this dude’s charisma is off the scale. I want this guy. I’d take him over Hutch.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I just hope they pick the right guy. None of us really know the nitty gritty on these guys, how they work, how they learn, etc. We're just doing guesswork and hunches in this particular draft since there aren't any clear cut players.

I want to be the team that picks whoever and they dominate from the get-go while other teams/fans look on in envy for once.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Kind of a weird draft season. No QBs worthy of top picks. Tackle position is Lions biggest strength. Three pass rushers at the top. Walker is the physical freak with all the measurables but tape isn’t there. Thibideux was considered the consensus number one player until they stopped actually playing games. Hutch local kid that maximized his talent and plays hard every play. High floor player. Confident he won’t be a bust unlike Thib/Walker. Gonna get compared to Bosa brothers or Watt because he’s white and from big 10 but he’s not their level of prospect.

Lions should probably pick Thib. Lions haven’t had a pure speed rusher since Cliff Avril left. Just cant pass on possibly the next Von Miller
My Mock
1- Kayvon Thibideux- best pass rusher in draft
32- Nakobe Dean- Future Leader of defense. Undersized but a linebacker that can actually cover someone
34- Lewis Cine- Best safety available
66- George Pickens- Elite talent that has character concerns and coming of injury

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Full faith in Brad Holmes and love seeing the process. I feel like this vid also gives a lot of insight into how they were able to knock the undrafted FAs out the park last draft. They're targeting specific skills and needs to the point that the guys who fill the bottom of the roster can contribute something.

I want Thib, even if Hutch is there. I doubt Brad has the balls to do that if Hutch is on the board, and wouldn't be mad about taking Hutch obviously. My concern is simply seeing him get thrown around by Georgia.

Rest of the draft...I pray we don't take a QB at 32. If Dean is there I'd take him. WR or safety next, depending on best available. Basically my hope is we come out with a game changing edge, a big WR to expand the offense, an LB who can cover, and a safety who can start alongside Tracey Walker (or be the next man up). If we can do that, you end up with a great d-line that automatically makes the secondary better. And you improve the offense while taking the WR position from being one of the worst in the league to one of the best.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Full faith in Brad Holmes and love seeing the process. I feel like this vid also gives a lot of insight into how they were able to knock the undrafted FAs out the park last draft. They're targeting specific skills and needs to the point that the guys who fill the bottom of the roster can contribute something.

I want Thib, even if Hutch is there. I doubt Brad has the balls to do that if Hutch is on the board, and wouldn't be mad about taking Hutch obviously. My concern is simply seeing him get thrown around by Georgia.

Rest of the draft...I pray we don't take a QB at 32. If Dean is there I'd take him. WR or safety next, depending on best available. Basically my hope is we come out with a game changing edge, a big WR to expand the offense, an LB who can cover, and a safety who can start alongside Tracey Walker (or be the next man up). If we can do that, you end up with a great d-line that automatically makes the secondary better. And you improve the offense while taking the WR position from being one of the worst in the league to one of the best.

If the Lions don’t take a QB who is their long term answer? Goff? I get the feeling they gonna improve and have a tougher time drafting a franchise QB later. Not getting a good QB in free agency.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
If the Lions don’t take a QB who is their long term answer? Goff? I get the feeling they gonna improve and have a tougher time drafting a franchise QB later. Not getting a good QB in free agency.
Can’t force the QB pick. If the QBs in this draft aren’t clearly an upgrade to Goff it doesn’t make sense. Only QB in this class that makes sense is Willis because of his upside. But 2 is too early and 32 is too late to pick him. And you never know how next year will turn out. Howell and Riddler were supposed to be the guys in this draft. Young and Shroud could disappoint next year.

QBs do become available in FA or trades. Ravens seem reluctant to pay Lamar Jackson. He could be available nect year