Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Idk shyt about Willis. Being I don’t watch college. Watching highlights and hearing scouting. I’ll take the gamble. Hutch fell into our lap. So take another gamble. shyt we drafted a wr with a torn acl

why the fukk not :damn:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They need to stop fukkin around and get corral or Willis. If Goff somehow proves he isn’t really ass, you can trade them. But if he does, you can slide in one of them to keep the ball movin. Nice first day.
They should take Willis if he’s there and let him sit behind Goff. Bring him along slow. I doubt he’s there at that point. I wonder why he fell.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Don't know shyt about this kid but he seems promising. :ld:

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
There is a plan made with conviction. I think that's all a lot of us wanted. Like the Sixers with the Process or the Heat with the Big 3, there was a plan, a grand design of sorts. We don't know where this is going but at last, we at least know that there is a plan in place to take us somewhere instead of the classic SOL approach.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
There is a plan made with conviction. I think that's all a lot of us wanted. Like the Sixers with the Process or the Heat with the Big 3, there was a plan, a grand design of sorts. We don't know where this is going but at last, we at least know that there is a plan in place to take us somewhere instead of the classic SOL approach.
100% agree.

With the salary cap, I think it's best to build teams with a few foundational pillars and then the rest of the roster gets re-tooled on a regular basis. Hopefully, Hutch and Williams are two of those pillars along with Sewell (which I wasn't a fan of picking but I hope I'm wrong).

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
We are not above having a middle of the pack qb during this rebuild and Im good with Goff having a show and prove season with better talent. The lions have 2 firsts next year, theres no need to use a high pick on a qb right now. If Willis ends up being a star so be it, but that #2 pick talk was nuts.

I love the defensive focus.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
exciting day one. Blah day 2
Kirby looks like a ballhawk from highlights

Pascal seems like a Flowers replacement and Okwara insurance

Weirdly the lions don't seem to view linebackers as a major hole in FA or draft

Assume they’ll try to get into 4th because they don’t pick for a while. Wouldn’t mind trading back up to take a flyer on Sam Howell

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Loving the draft. Paschal sounds like a legit game disrupter and finally the type of interior pass rusher the Lions haven’t had in ages. And then to get Kirby, one of the best safeties in the draft, in the third round is amazing. I like how they came in with a plan and stuck with it.

It's early but I really feel like we're gonna have the best Lions d-line since that last Suh year. The depth is crazy, and we have interior and outside pass rush. This is gonna be a tough team to run on, and an even tougher team to keep your QB upright against. All of which will make the secondary better. At this point the only glaring hole I see is at LB. Lions coaches clearly like the guys they have though. Hopefully Barnes takes a step up this year.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
3.Not a fan of the Hutchinson pick but I get why they did it. He’s safe and plays a premium position . But his stock rose because he dominated a third round tackle That just seems iffy to me .I just think if you’re picking at 2 you gotta swing for the fences …which is what they did with the Trade up

12.The Williams trade and pick was great. Imo it’s a toss up between him and Garett Wilson who is the best WR in the draft . I love Moving up to get him
To get him

46. This is kind of why I dislike the Hutchinson pick .Pre Draft we heard that DE was deep and some legit talent was going to slip…Idk Paschal but his draft profile looks legit ..but why double dip at DE ? Unless he is one of those chess piece types that can kick inside then it does make sense …but what does that mean for Levi who they took last year high ?

The only time I watched Illinois was to check on Lovie Smiths beard …:skip:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
3.Not a fan of the Hutchinson pick but I get why they did it. He’s safe and plays a premium position . But his stock rose because he dominated a third round tackle That just seems iffy to me .I just think if you’re picking at 2 you gotta swing for the fences …which is what they did with the Trade up

12.The Williams trade and pick was great. Imo it’s a toss up between him and Garett Wilson who is the best WR in the draft . I love Moving up to get him
To get him

46. This is kind of why I dislike the Hutchinson pick .Pre Draft we heard that DE was deep and some legit talent was going to slip…Idk Paschal but his draft profile looks legit ..but why double dip at DE ? Unless he is one of those chess piece types that can kick inside then it does make sense …but what does that mean for Levi who they took last year high ?

The only time I watched Illinois was to check on Lovie Smiths beard …:skip:

I love the double dip. He did it with dt last year. We’re creating depth at these positions and if both players work out down the road we don’t need to be free agent dependent if one decides to leave. We also don’t implode if we have an injury or two like last year.

I think in 2 years Holmes has made players 15-54 stronger than any time I can remember since watching the lions. We don’t have any real superstars that we know of right now but I also don’t feel like an injury to a key player derails our season. We’re in pretty good shape.

Can’t wait to see how this plays out next season.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Off topic but did some of you remove your avatars or is the site bugged. Seems like the coli is on its last legs. If so, it was cool talking lions and Detroit sports with y’all. Even when we disagreed. Maybe we’ll find each other somewhere else, lions forums aren’t flooded with people, yet.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I love the double dip. He did it with dt last year. We’re creating depth at these positions and if both players work out down the road we don’t need to be free agent dependent if one decides to leave. We also don’t implode if we have an injury or two like last year.

I think in 2 years Holmes has made players 15-54 stronger than any time I can remember since watching the lions. We don’t have any real superstars that we know of right now but I also don’t feel like an injury to a key player derails our season. We’re in pretty good shape.

Can’t wait to see how this plays out next season.
I agree with your 15-54 comment. I like the direction Holmes is going in that regard.

As far the coli thing yeah I have that issue too and it does look like it’s about to be over . This the first time I spent more time on discord/Reddit during the nba playoffs and the draft. It was a good run

fade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dirty Mitten
Literally no excuses for Goff next season. No glaring holes on offense if healthy. If he’s good lions have their QB if not Lions will have a ready built team for top draft pick or QB from FA/trade

Barring injury there should be no reason this offense shouldn't be ranked top 15