Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
DNeTc5NVwAA6mBj.jpg:large

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I like it. Rather have a veteran DB. All the good DBs will be gone before us.

Rather us draft another DE at the end of the first rd
They brought back Moseley too. Of course they can't COUNT on him because of his injury history but if he stays on the field...:ld:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That Brian Burns contract...Hutch is gonna get an even bigger contract when he's due. :picard:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Thoughts on this?

Solid corner thats in a contract year. Could be great trade. Davis got one more chance to cash out. Has played like a true #1 CB at points in his career from what im reading from Bucs fans. Just injury prone and inconsistent

Glascow either gave Detroit a hometown discount or he needs to fire his agent. Jackson got 3x as much as him. Glascow had a great season and versatile being able to play G and C.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like both signings overall given that they won't be the only moves we make. My concern is that both are the same thing Holmes constantly does in terms of signing guys with injuries. Sometimes it works (Anzalone), sometimes it doesn't (Moseley, so far). That's not good enough if the goal is to compete for a Super Bowl. On the positive side it sure seems like we're rebuilding both the d-line and CB rooms. Davis will probably start, there could easily be another CB signing plus a rookie CB. That plus Moseley and Vildor is infinitely better than the CB room last season...assuming Moseley can get healthy. Likewise on the d-line front, replacing the Okwara brothers and Charles Harris with Davenport+a rookie+another signing is an upgrade.

There are rumors that we're going after DJ Reader. That's who I really want. Putting him at NT would allow McNeill to really go wild. To me that's the move that transforms the defense. Putting McNeill in position to rush the passer more and defend force double teams away from Hutch is gonna improve everything.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
More bargain shopping. Best case scenario is Moseley returns to form. Players usually come back stronger from ACLs Injuries these days.

But is this is their approach might as well front load Amon Ra, Sewell, McNeil extensions