Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

CJGJ and Branch were too similar. Iffy and Keeby should have safety spots locked up. Liked him though. Funny guy

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Honestly I just want DJ Reader or Sheldon Rankins. Need someone on that d-line who can take up blocks and free Hutch/Alim. Without that we're back to square one, generating no pressure in 4 man fronts. It has to be a major priority. Glad there are reports that the Lions are talking to Reader's agent but other teams are too. I feel like this is the area where something has to be done. I'm fine with the secondary choices. We raised the floor, and once we add a rookie it'll be even better. But this defense cannot function without someone else making noise on the d-line.

The Davenport signing...he's the best DE/edge we've had outside of Hutch in three years. The problem is that he's shown zero ability to stay healthy so it's very hard to get excited about it. If he's healthy great. But we need more bodies because you cannot rely on him.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Honestly I just want DJ Reader or Sheldon Rankins. Need someone on that d-line who can take up blocks and free Hutch/Alim. Without that we're back to square one, generating no pressure in 4 man fronts. It has to be a major priority. Glad there are reports that the Lions are talking to Reader's agent but other teams are too. I feel like this is the area where something has to be done. I'm fine with the secondary choices. We raised the floor, and once we add a rookie it'll be even better. But this defense cannot function without someone else making noise on the d-line.

The Davenport signing...he's the best DE/edge we've had outside of Hutch in three years. The problem is that he's shown zero ability to stay healthy so it's very hard to get excited about it. If he's healthy great. But we need more bodies because you cannot rely on him.
It's time to spend some real money in free agency. The goal should be a Super Bowl right now so stop playing the long game and go all-in. This was my issue at the trade deadline.

They have plenty of cap space and their young guys are still a year or two away from big extensions. Overpay a couple guys for two years and go for it.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It's time to spend some real money in free agency. The goal should be a Super Bowl right now so stop playing the long game and go all-in. This was my issue at the trade deadline.

They have plenty of cap space and their young guys are still a year or two away from big extensions. Overpay a couple guys for two years and go for it.
All the top FA gone. Alot of vets probably on downside still available. Especially at safety. Already gave up draft capital in Davis trade. Maybe see if Charger will unload Mack or Bosa for cheap. Holmes thing is prove it contracts with players. Got burned last year with this strategy with CJGJ and Moseley.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
No pressing needs on roster. Zeitler probably an upgrade over Jonas atleast for a year.

Thinking they go WR in first. Good one will drop in this loaded class. They need a big bodied WR with more potential than a Josh Reynolds.
They still need pass rushers.