Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They still need pass rushers.

Just from a bodies perspective we lost both Okwaras and Charles Harris. Added Davenport. Regardless of the quality of any of these guys, we're down two bodies. Gotta imagine one will be drafted, another will be a FA. Mike Danna still out there, seems like he'd fit perfect. End result is gonna be a DE/edge room that's better than last year. Davenport hasn't been healthy but I'd take a flyer bet on him over...Charles Harris. If it doesn't work fine, as long as we have some other additions (plus James Houston).

Honestly if they don't trade out of 29....Keon Coleman is gonna be the pick. I'd bet the house on that. Just falls in line with Holmes' obsession with elite weapons. You put him at x-receiver, Jamo on the other side, St Brown in the slot, LaPorta, Gibbs in the backfield...that's an unstoppable offense.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Not a great pass rusher draft overall. If they can trade up somehow into range for Verse or Latu I’m all for it. Chop Robinson and Darius Robinson are underwhelming prospects to me
They could have traded for guys before the deadline. We'll see how this plays out but I'm pretty disappointed Holmes didn't address this when Hutch was the only viable pass rusher save for McNeil here and there.

A safety was third on the team in sacks with three.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
yall-see-brodric-martins-maternity-shots-v0-d1nmfa3lndpc1.png
:huhldup:Put your shirt back on big man

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:mjtf:

I thought that was fake for a second. I'd imagine the Lions will let it play out. If you cut him after June 1st they save a couple million dollars (but add a bunch of dead cap).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If he broke personal conduct policy they can just cut him and get money back
Interesting. We'll see.

Worth noting that New Orleans cannot trade Marshon Lattimore until after June 1st, due to cap issues. Which also means any trade would involve 2025 draft picks not this year's draft. I'd pull the trigger if Sutton is fukked.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
In lighter/more positive news...

Chris Braswell and Hutch would be wild. And I love Terrion Arnold but he'll prob be long gone before 29.