Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I’m not giving up 2 firsts. Surtains value is probably 2 first but that’s a no for me.
They're in the SB if they make that trade, 100%. Gotta recognize your window of opportunity. It's a long road back to being up 17 in the NFCCG.
I don’t think there are any untouchables for the Broncos… it might cost two firsts but the Lions can get him and I think they’d be dark horse SB contenders if they did

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

He does not want to be a head coach. You dont turn down jobs two years in a row

I'm not sure about that. Ownership is probably the most important factor in your success and you only get two shots at being a HC unless you're very, very lucky/plugged in. Only the Commanders and Seahawks spots are open, it might not be a good fit this year.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is pretty much my view too. I saw a tweet yesterday of Patrick Queen (Ravens LB) saying he would love to return but we'll see in free agency. Kinda highlights a problem we don't have. We don't have top tier FAs who we can't afford to keep, or guys whose departure will hurt. Because of Holmes, most of our best players are under 4-5 year rookie contracts for 2024.

We got the money and draft picks to fix this, specifically at CB1 and edge/DE. Not saying it'll be easy but one thing is certain: the roster will be better next season, just as it's gotten better every season under Holmes.
I think the Lions making it to the NFC Championship game and within 2 quarters of making the Super Bowl makes it a desirable destination for high profile players. With money they won't struggle to get takers.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Gots to see it through my boy :obama:

i had to realize I don't even know the lions kicker name, has he hit a 45 yarder

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's a lot of revenge games on the schedule next season
San Francisco
Tampa Bay
Dallas
Seattle
LA Rams